• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Another +1 for the GSG 1911! Don't own one yet, but have shot a few both suppressed and without. It is next on the purchase list and I've got $300 burning a hole in my pocket.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I have the same question. Sorta. What's the best .22lr for shooting steel AND WHY?

I like the looks of the S&W 22A and the Beretta NEOS better (yeah, I know I'm the only one) and they are cheaper.

But everyone says "forget that, just get a Ruger or Browning". But they are just so 1900's... ;)

What's so much better about them? Accuracy? Trigger? Speed? Modifications?

This is hilarious. I wrote this just two short months ago.

I bought a Beretta Neos. It was fine. Not one problem. Easy to take down. A friend shot it and liked it and I wanted to get him into shooting so I sold it to him.

I bought a Browning Buck Mark URX Contour. Woo Boy! What's better about them? Everything!

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Never owned one, but it cost $700:n00b: That is 3X more than a RUGER MARK II & how much better can it shoot over the RUGER:rolleyes:

SmithWessonmodel41.jpg

Kimber8400KimberStainless1911Rug-4.jpg

RugerNRAMarkII.jpg

RugerCompetitionTargetMarkII.jpg

I own both Ruger Mark II's and III's, as well as a Smith & Wesson model 41. There is no comparison between the two. The Model 41 is the Cadillac of .22 Rimfire target pistols, with a finish and craftsmanship to match. It is machined from solid carbon steel, and is precision fitted throughout. It's trigger breaks like a glass rod, and it fits the hand like it was molded around it.

With that said the Ruger Mark III's are nice weapons, but they are not in the same class as the S&W Model 41, not even close. The Rugers frames are mass produced out of welded sheet steel. This allows for rapid and inexpensive production. It is how they can keep the price of a basic model under $300.00 retail in today's world of Hussein inflated dollars. The Model 41 runs over a grand. Skilled production, quality machining, and hand fitting takes time. The Ruger pistols are excellent plinkers, and informal target shooters. The Smith & Wesson Model 41 is for serious rimfire competitors, and has been the standard by which all other rimfire pistols are judged for decades. About the only other American made semi auto rimfire that can compete with it is the Browning Medalist, and sadly it is no longer in production. Bill T.

BrowningMedalist.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    by far the best 22 target pistol is the Smith Model 41, someone may argue that some of the German target guns are better but they are wrong,
    Bet you can't prove that assertion beyond a reasonable doubt.:draw:

I like my 41 but it's no competition for some of the Hammerli or Pardini pistols. Or for that matter, my Contender.:)

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    SmithWessonmodel41.jpg

RugerNRAMarkII.jpg

I own both Ruger Mark II's and III's, as well as a Smith & Wesson model 41. There is no comparison between the two. The Model 41 is the Cadillac of .22 Rimfire target pistols, with a finish and craftsmanship to match. It is machined from solid carbon steel, and is precision fitted throughout. It's trigger breaks like a glass rod, and it fits the hand like it was molded around it.

With that said the Ruger Mark III's are nice weapons, but they are not in the same class as the S&W Model 41, not even close. The Rugers frames are mass produced out of welded sheet steel. This allows for rapid and inexpensive production. It is how they can keep the price of a basic model under $300.00 retail in today's world of Hussein inflated dollars. The Model 41 runs over a grand. Skilled production, quality machining, and hand fitting takes time. The Ruger pistols are excellent plinkers, and informal target shooters. The Smith & Wesson Model 41 is for serious rimfire competitors, and has been the standard by which all other rimfire pistols are judged for decades. About the only other American made semi auto rimfire that can compete with it is the Browning Medalist, and sadly it is no longer in production. Bill T.

BrowningMedalist.jpg
    EXCELLENT COLLECTION !!! I had a WALTHER OSP 22 short & I sold it, BUT I won't sell my two RUGER MARK II

NDgolfer13

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Avon
    SmithWessonmodel41.jpg

RugerNRAMarkII.jpg

BrowningMedalist.jpg

The more I read about the 41 the more I want one. Only ever handled one once but it's nice.

zqdime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    I also say sig mosquito. Mine has been flawless with all the ammo i've put through it mainly federal bulk pack ammo and cci stuff. I've shot the ruger mark II quite a bit and while it might be more accurate for a pistol it isn't anywhere as fun to shoot as the mosquito.

Top Bottom