Whats the best gun you have won in a raffle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I will tell you, it is an addiction for me. Whenever I am at any event and they have a gun raffle, I just cannot pass it up. I have won four guns so far; an 870, an H&R 44 mag, a remington 770, and my favorite a Ruger single six ten.
    Gun raffles are a great way for an organization to raise money.
    My luck runs hot and cold. anyone else had any great wins?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Never won anything, but I've only entered two. How many have you entered to win four times? How many chances do you think you bought? I know a lot of raffles you can buy more than one entry for.

TheDoaner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Southern IN
    After 20 yrs of trying, I've won twice. Years ago when Benelli first introduced the Nova I bought one to waterfowl hunt because I couldn't at that time justify paying for the Super Black Eagle. A week later, I won one. Several times I've attended Ducks Unlimited banquets and three years in a row, someone standing to my immediate left has won. Last year, I finally won my choice of approximately 40 long guns. However, I took the cash option because we get special pricing at work and I already owned the only two that I couldn't buy with the cash option. Looking back, I'm sure I could have purchased at least a Les Baer for what I've spent on raffle tickets but it always goes to a good cause and it's a great feeling to go home with a gun that you've won. Now as far as the wife is concerned, I've won many more firearms. I just might have left out the part where I had to bid on them.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    Never won any raffles. Still love supporting something I believe in with the chance to win a gun!
    A friend of mine won two with two tickets. Needless to say, they never asked him to play ever again.
    Some day I'll win!

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    Won 2. A Mossberg 835 12 ga. and a single shot H&R .20 ga. I used to do them a few times a year, but haven't in a while. I think the money I spent to win these two guns could have been used to buy them and then some.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Won what was indicated to be a Benelli shotgun, but actually was a $350 gift cert to Gander Mtn when all was said and done. I was super excited when I got the phone call, because I knew Benelli makes some high end stuff, but the one I won was apparently one of their lower end models. Also it turned out that the raffle prizes were really gift cards in the amount that the organization would have been able to buy the gun for at a volume discount as they were purchasing a large quantity.

In the end I was very happy to have won the gift card, and then got Gander to price match LGS on a Glock 19.

So long story condensed = won a large discount on a Glock 19 :banana:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I've never won a gun in a raffle, but got several freebies last year as prizes for sales promotions. Most I traded back to the shop or sold, but I kept the Ruger SR-22P and Kahr PM9 and like them both quite well.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    I won an H&R 20 guage single shot shotgun about 20 years ago at an Evansville gun show. When I picked it up at a gun store over there, he had a single shot Stevens 22 I liked. Traded even for it.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    attachment.php

2011 (I think) SW Mich. friends of the NRA, M1a Standard

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I won a marlin papoose at the 1500 when they first came out. Last year after 15 years of winless FNRA events I finally hit and won a Henry .22 mag and a RRA 458 socom. By my rough calculation I am still a couple grand in the hole

Top Bottom