• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I'm thinking of getting the tlr 1 for my ar. I'm not getting the hp so it can double on my pistol. If there are any other good options out there that are a little less expensive I'd love to hear. I've just heard stream light makes the best.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Im a big fan of Streamlight stuff. Ive got more flashlights than I care to admit.

I love my TLR-1! Its mounted on my glock right now in my nightstand.

Surefire makes great stuff too, but for the money I like Streamlight better.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    What tac light is the best? I'm thinking tlr1.

I'm thinking of getting a tlr1 light for my ar and using it on my pistol. I'm not going with the hp so I can use it on my xd too. I'm also wanting to find a descent laser for my pistol. I'm thinking of getting the sight mark crl. I've read it's not very good though. I'm open to any suggestions on lights and lasers. I want a good solid one that can be used on duty but not anything as expensive as a viridian.

dbishop728

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have heard surefire lights are awesome but pricey. On the fire dept I use streamlights and they work excellent and really cut thru smoke. If the price of the streamlights are a good price I would give them a try.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    I'm thinking of getting a tlr1 light for my ar and using it on my pistol. I'm not going with the hp so I can use it on my xd too. I'm also wanting to find a descent laser for my pistol. I'm thinking of getting the sight mark crl. I've read it's not very good though. I'm open to any suggestions on lights and lasers. I want a good solid one that can be used on duty but not anything as expensive as a viridian.

Streamlight TLR 1S is the way to go.
    S stands for strobe mode and it will stun the oposition

S is 30% briter than the TLR1
    Most people are selling the TLR1S thinking the new C4's are briter (THEY ARE NOT)
    HP is great for long distance lighting, but, it feels huge on the gun
    I have a bunch of TLR 1, TLR 1s, and HP, BY FAR the TLR 1s works best on a rifle, I have it upside down, ontop, infront of my sight, the sight picture goes right over it and no shadow from the barrel
    They also offer it with a light, light/laser, laser only option. it's a TLR 2 S I believe

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Ok ill order the tlr 1s then. I want to get a laser seperate though because I'm going to have the light on my rifle and the laser on my xd. Ill probably eventually get a sight mark lopro for my rifle. Do you know if the sigh mark red laser is a descent one I don't really want to spend the money on a green laser.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Streamlight TLR 1S is the way to go.
    S stands for strobe mode and it will stun the oposition

S is 30% briter than the TLR1
    Most people are selling the TLR1S thinking the new C4's are briter (THEY ARE NOT)
    HP is great for long distance lighting, but, it feels huge on the gun
    I have a bunch of TLR 1, TLR 1s, and HP, BY FAR the TLR 1s works best on a rifle, I have it upside down, ontop, infront of my sight, the sight picture goes right over it and no shadow from the barrel
    They also offer it with a light, light/laser, laser only option. it's a TLR 2 S I believe

TWalker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    New Castle
    I have a streamlight tlr 1 and have had it on several different pistols. I have another light on my rifle but it could easily pull double duty. I think it would take a bit to get used to the switch on the rifle or you could buy the other back with a pressure switch and switch it back when you put it onto a handgun.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Ok im gonna get the tlr 1s. Does anyone know what laser would be the best. I'm wanting something not too expensive so I'm probably going with a red but I'm wanting something tht works well.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I'm thinking of getting the tlr 1 for my ar. I'm not getting the hp so it can double on my pistol. If there are any other good options out there that are a little less expensive I'd love to hear. I've just heard stream light makes the best.

I have a TLR-2s and it's generally been very good, but....

if you want a laser that's visible in direct sunlight, you're going to have to get a green laser.

I only use my TLR-2s for my house gun, so no need for a green laser, but I'm seriously considering picking up a viridian for my carry gun.

If you are wanting a light for a long gun, look at a Streamlight pro tac HL. Hard to beat 600 lumens for $70.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    I will chime in and say, save your money up and get a Surefire x300 or the X300 ultra. If you plan on using the light on both your pistol and long gun, the switch on the x300 will suit you better. it has a momentary on function that others don't.
    It has tool-less installation so switching between guns will be much easier than the TLR-1.
    The built quality is a better, the TIR optics will make the 170 lumens seem a lot brighter than other 170 plus lumen lights. (or 500 lumens if you go with the ultra)

[ame]http://youtu.be/0N0msM_UUiU[/ame]

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    The best one ... is the one that you have with you when you need it.

I, as well, am partial to SureFire. I always have a SureFire in my pocket (when not sleeping) and when I'm sleeping it's on the night stand.

The x300 is an excellent light, however, it wouldn't seat on my Sig p226 without taking a mallet and beating it on the last millimeter (that was the advice SureFire gave me when I called). It should work fine on any rifle that has the right rail.

I'd see if I could get my hands on the one you like and make sure it fits your pistol before you buy it. I'm sure I could have a smith thin the trigger guard a bit to make it fit perfectly on my Sig - but I opted for carrying one in my pocket.

sly14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the surefire products,especially the halogen line of lights. LED's are great however in a foggy enviorment the light shines back too much.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I am a huge fan of the surefire products,especially the halogen line of lights. LED's are great however in a foggy enviorment the light shines back too much.
    I wish to understand what you're saying - are you saying that the photons of light that come from an LED light source are somehow distinctly different from those that come from a halogen light source?

Is it the hue of the color, or what?

Top Bottom