• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fan blade

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    That those we know - who did not plan appear at my door in real need and you are in the position of not knowing when the calamity will be over (eg - power, gas, etc is restored).

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    That those we know - who did not plan appear at my door in real need and you are in the position of not knowing when the calamity will be over (eg - power, gas, etc is restored).

When I read the words: and you are in the position of not knowing when the calamity will be over

I hear the words: and you are not sure whether you can get away with shooting them

Boonl1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Indy
    In-laws zombies...and out of ammo

Was that inlaws and zombies, or inlaw zombies? I can handle my inlaws and I can probably handle zombies, but if my inalws were zombies, (and I'm not saying they're not) I would be in a bad place.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    My biggest fear is that I reach a point that I can't take care of my family. I have prepped to take care of them for so many years. Who will do it when I am gone? They seem to have hard enough time just making it from day to day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Can't shelter in place where i live so bug out is the only option. What scares me is the thought of treking from Indy down to family land in TN with my wife and kids. I know my wife could handle the march very well but my kids would be rough if the car was not an option for some reason.

I think we will have a good idea before SHTF...we will smell it blown in the wind first.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    That the worst will happen. That I will not be able to sustain my wife, kids and grandkids through the worst. Wife has medical issues and requires medications. What do you do when they are gone.
    We are prepared as are the kids but when do you really have enough.

Learn the herbs that can take the place of meds...and have alot and seeds to grow them. I have been going to a homeopathic doctor and I am getting off meds..glutton free for almost a month now and feeling great. Except tonight I want a PB and J on soft white bread lol.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    You can have tons of food, ammo, shelter, ect. But if you are a fat slow out of shape person the survival will go to the fittest. My fear is for those I care for not being physically and mentally ready to survive. The reality is that if it really goes down. Your body has to be ready to withstand. Train, prep, hoard, but if you are over weight dependent on meds, and physically broken. You are toast. My fear is that many of us are loaded down, but physically bankrupt.

Good thing about us fat people...I will be at a healthy weight when you are concentrate camp thin...but I do agree getting healthly is a plus.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't think you and I are the only ones who have expressed that particular fear. I wonder if there is any kind of pamphlet, and if not, I think we should write one, that could provide a panicked neophyte with the immediate guidance they require to keep from getting made dead in the first 30 minutes of a survival situation where someone actually has the good advice they need to proceed beyond the next half hour.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Buckstopshere, have you crossed the one from Madison, IN to KY? Its the worst in my book.

THen dont try crossing the mackinaw bridge. 5 miles of grating you can look down and see THROUGH! It kinda gives me the willies and I dont mind them.

Top Bottom