• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Never pictured you for a single stack .45 guy. Good choice! In 2008 I had just moved back from South Dakota and was waiting on my LTCH. While out west I carried a Browning HiPower. For years after coming back to IN I was a Glock guy. So yes it is interesting how things change.

I rocked the 45 until I started shooting a lot and realized I couldn't afford it. Good factory magazines were $45.00 as well. So I went looking for something more economical. 9mm in a Glock 19 fit the need. Size was better too. Magazines were $11 to $13 the the time. Ammo cost half as much or less. Heck, I could roll down to wally world and grab a box of WWB 9mm for 8 or 9 bucks.

I took my first training class at the end of 08 and a few others in 09. That changed my priorities too.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I rocked the 45 until I started shooting a lot and realized I couldn't afford it. Good factory magazines were $45.00 as well. So I went looking for something more economical. 9mm in a Glock 19 fit the need. Size was better too. Magazines were $11 to $13 the the time. Ammo cost half as much or less. Heck, I could roll down to wally world and grab a box of WWB 9mm for 8 or 9 bucks.

I took my first training class at the end of 08 and a few others in 09. That changed my priorities too.

At least you didn't choose a crappy M&P.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've seen you post this before, but never heard the whole story. What issues did you experience?

Not directed at me I know. This is probably a discussion best left to a new thread. The M&P is gun that I frequently recommend. It has short trigger with the small back strap, it looks really cool, it feels good and points good, nice beavertail for a high grip, good sights. But up until recent product the triggers were garbage and in some cases the guns had accuracy issues. I have owned two M&Ps that would not hold a group past 15 yards. It was an issue with the barrels. Confirmed. I repalced the barrel in one of the guns and the issue went away. So M&P definately had its growing pains.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    Back on track.

Summer shorts carry is a Taurus TCP 380 that I have been carrying for 4 years now. I KNOW! It's a Taurus. Spare me THE TALK. It has a couple thousand rounds through it with 0 issues. Must be the only one. It does have some surface rust on it now. I carry it in a Shield Custom Kydex holster appendix carry. I use to have a leather IWB holster that I used for a couple years till my pistol ended up on Rural King's floor in the checkout lane. Not my greatest moment.

My newest winter carry pistol is a CZ P07. LOVE IT! This one also resides in Shield Custom Kydex holsters. I have an IWB for warmer weather and an OWB for sweatshirt weather.

I have been using a Volund Gearworks Atlas G-hook belt for the last 2 years. Great belt. I really like how they have a loop on the belt the keeps the tail tucked behind the belt unlike other belts I have had.

I just added an Ares Gear Aegis Belt. This belt is a game changer. Doesn't even look like a gun belt. I'm really excited to use this belt with a tuckable holster I'm working on. Plus, It just looks awesome! Defiantly worth the money!

daustin923

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2013
    United States
    I mostly carry an LAV Glock 17 in a Raven Concealment Phantom IWB holster, RCS mag carrier with extra mag, Surefire E1D Defender, and Spyderco Military folder. During the winter I will occasionally carry the G17 with a Surefire X300U in an OWB RCS light compatible Phantom. When I'm not carrying the G17 I will carry my TRP in an RCS phantom with OWB pancake wings.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2015
    New Carisle
    I exclusively use OWB/IWB hybrid holsters made custom out of kydex by Multi-Holster. The holsters are very stable IWB, even in light clothing (I carry a Springfield XD 4in, or a HK USP 45C). On the range I OWB, when I'm done I just put it back IWB. They draw nice, and don't snag, and no matter what I always have the same holster despite my clothing.

Ngdonut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I carry an M&P 45C in a Minotaur MTAC IWB holster. I love both. Holster is comfortable and despite the hatred on this thread, I love the M&P firearms. Very ergonomic, reliable, and shoots rather precisely. I have shot 5 different M&P pistols. Only one of them I didnt care for because the trigger was "mushy", but that was one of the earlier models. I have shot over 1000 rounds through mine in about a year and not a single stove pipe or misfead.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I mostly carry a Ruger New Vaquero .45 colt in a sourdough pancake holster from Simply Rugged with one of Simply Rugged's Real Man's belts. I occasionally carry a Coonan Classic .357 in an El Paso Saddlery #2 Thumb break holster. I also carry a Bond Arms Ranger in a driving holster frequently.

Top Bottom