• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Even though there are a dozen threads just like this I'm always a sucker for them. It's fun to see what people have and what has changed over the months/years. As for me, just look at my avatar. Benchmade mini-grip, fenix pd35 and a sig p238. I am looking at going back to a Ruger SR9c now that I have determined my preferred carry position (AIWB).

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Yes I have seen Alien Gear holsters collapse on themselves when the gun is removed. Very weak kydex.
    I have a couple of Alien Gear holsters (1911 & Glock) and the Kydex shell seems strong enough to support a truck.
    EDC has been single stack 22 TCM recently but could change at any time.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Yes I have seen Alien Gear holsters collapse on themselves when the gun is removed. Very weak kydex.
    The kydex collapsed?? Must have been very early productions because I can stand on mine and not make it collapse. The only issue I have seen is the leather tang at the very top leans over slightly when it's really warm and you have to "aim" the pistol to reholster with one hand. Not a big deal for me.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Groundhog-Day-4.jpg

Eight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2014
    Central Indiana
    Beretta PX4 Storm SC in a Remora series 5 tuckable holster. Remora is new and I am still experimenting with the best carry location and angle. Prefer 2:30 to 3:30 but the grip prints if I bend forward so I have to cant it a fair amount and at that angle it has worked its way out of my waist band with a couple different pairs of pants. If I leave it straight up and down - no problems.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why don't we just make a "what's your EDC" sticky? Much like the show n tell threads, it'd keep it from being scattered all over the forum and not annoy folks with the "it's been done a bajillion times" thread.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Smith & Wesson 686 - 7 shot .357. Yeah, I know, I'm in the minority since I carry a revolver. Even though I rarely experience a jam with my semi autos, I am still concerned with possible jams and a revolver removes those concerns.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep, I always enjoy the EDC threads, because inquiring minds want to know, and my brother with the S&W 59, I used to have one in the 80's a Fresno PD marked LE Trade in, and your right I shot the dookey out of it and it went BANG everytime, gave it to my dad for store protection when he ran his Mom and Pop quick mart in Detroit, he retired, sold the store, and sold the 59. Just the other day, he mentioned, he wished he had it back!

Top Bottom