• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Spyderco and benchmade for folders and of course Busse for fixed blades :-D.

Other notables - ESEE, TOPS, Bark river and hopefully a soon a spartan and a strider ;).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Check out my profile picture those are my kids lol. Looking to add a Microtech halo 5 to the collection. But hopefully in january i will be shipping off to boot camp and once i get out i will get my first fixed blade. I like the striders because nothing says confidence like a .25 inch thick slab of steel strapped to your gear.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Check out my profile picture those are my kids lol. Looking to add a Microtech halo 5 to the collection. But hopefully in january i will be shipping off to boot camp and once i get out i will get my first fixed blade. I like the striders because nothing says confidence like a .25 inch thick slab of steel strapped to your gear.

I'm not knocking Strider at all but have you checked out any of TOPS' knives? Seriously you can get a 1/4" thick blade of 1095 steel for less than half of what a Strider costs. And it will do everything the Strider will do. It may require a little more maintenance, 1095 is high carbon and will rust if not oiled, but for the money they are worth a look.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Just because of the.....5 digits?...I've spent on Busse and kin, I'll go with that.

I love Busse, great knives, great people, but lately they haven't had any offering that have just WOW'd me. Or I have a knife for every use and can't justify another at the moment.

I only have 2 Hinderers at the moment, a folder and a fixed blade, I love them both. Very nice quality, great feel, just awesome on all ends

I like Treeman knives too, especially the knuckle knives though I've yet to buy one.

I'm also big into RMJ tactical, Ryan Johnson is awesome in person and is always nice to talk to.

I only have 1 Bark River, but I usually like the designs and the zero edge conveving on pretty much all of their knives

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My Kershaw Tanto Blur is my favorite. Bought it several years ago from our Snap-On dealer. Been my EDC ever since.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I have been collecting, trading, selling, buying and so forth for quite a while.

I used to use spyderco when I was in rodeo. I even have one I won at a rodeo. They are good knives, but I carry a kershaw now and find them great knives for the price. You can get a good kershaw for $20.

I also like some of the gerber spring assists and have a couple HK i recently got to fool around with. I found out that HK are made by benchmade.

Top Bottom