• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Old Sears model 42. Had it since I was 13-14? Put a lot of squirrels on the dinner table for the family and fed myself while away at school in the late 60's. Actually got pulled over by Lafayette police for carrying it on bicycle handle bars. Lucky for me the ammo clip was in my back pocket and was empty. No worries, gave him a squirrel for dinner!:):

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    early seasone when leaves are still on. remington 870 12 gauge. after leaves thin out remington 5 something or another. its a 22 just cant remember the number.

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    I am not sure what the make/model was (I looked online, I think it may have been a CBC)- but when I was a boy my grandpa always let me take out this single shot .410 when we went squirrel hunting. Loaded with Winchester Super X 3" shells that sucker took the squirrels every time.

The only time I had a fail to kill was a huge red squirrel that I hit jumping tree to tree up about 80 feet or so. He took the shot, dropped, landed on the ground and proceeded to hiss at me or something when I approached. I was a little kid and had no clue what to do so Grandpa came and bashed it with a rock for me. Lol.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was going to say my Ruger MKII 10" target but once I started thinking about it, I have killed many, many tree rats with a Crossman BB gun. When I first started "keeping the squirrels off the bird feeder" I was about 11. Nine years of that. It was close range work >30 yards but I rarely missed.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My .36 flintlock. Here are a couple photos.
    SquirrelRifle.jpg

SquirrelRifleLockCloseUp.jpg

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i got so many favorites,but i like older scratched and worn guns,there more fun.no worries about hurting them.my 541s had the barrel cut before i bought it so thats the one i use in Tenn.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    My favorite squirrel gun is my Ruger 77/22. Deadly accurate on squirrels, nothing but head shots.

0923001725-3.jpg

My first squirrel rifle was a Marlin 60, still take it out at least once a year. I also hunt with a Ruger Single Six when I fell like a challenge, nothing better than shooting squirrels with a handgun.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I HAD two, my old bolt action single shot Winchester model 67A, and my Browning BL-22 Lever action. The Winchester was swiped by my brother, the Browning I sold (and I regret it). Both were deadly accurate. I have since replaced the Winchester.

I am going to get my dad's old Marlin 39a....it promises to be a great squirrel gun.

Tom Threetoes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Southwestern IN
    I don't squirrel hunt much any more, but for years I used a Winchester M74 shorts only. I gave that to my son and now if I go I take my CZ 452 Ultra Lux. The 29 inch barrel and RWS subsonics are silent but deadly, SBD. P.S. that flinter is beautiful.

LeftEyeBill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Grant Co.
    My Marlin Glenfield model 60 with the tree rat on the pistol grip... This next season though I may try my Crosman PC77 pump pistol in .177 for some of the more "Suburban" areas where people don't like hearing firearms in the woods behind them. We will see how that works out anyway. :)

Top Bottom