• Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    A little update to one of my favorites.

picture.php

Found a set of 'target' grips the other day so I cut them down and fit them to my .45 Colt Blackhawk.

I've had this one for several years and have done a lot to it. Smoothed it up inside for a great action and trigger pull. Modified the front sight for a better sight picture, Steel ejector rod housing to replace the alloy one, Belt Mountain #5 locking basepin, Bowen Classic Arms target rear sight, Fit a Bisley hammer to it and also fit a stainless steel Super Blackhawk gripframe to it as well as making and installing a lanyard swivel to it. I'm sure there are other little things, but it's been slowly modified over the years. It's not going anywhere soon!

Doug K

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    A Rossi in .44? That is a Rossi isn't it? A .357 Rossi was my first gun purchase ever--it's still my favorite despite numerous other pistols of higher quality, and worth much more.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    A Rossi in .44? That is a Rossi isn't it? A .357 Rossi was my first gun purchase ever--it's still my favorite despite numerous other pistols of higher quality, and worth much more.

Yes it's a Rossie 720 .44 SPL. It is in good shooting condition but I'm going to try and polish it up so that it is a little more "presentable" since at most it might be an in vehicle BUG to my G22 and 1911.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    How does this thread have 129 posts and I have never noticed it!!! :dunno:

Here is my favorite wheel gun, my dad bought it for me when I was 16. It is a pinned and recessed S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum with custom jewelled combat hammer and trigger and a hand tunned action by my friend that has been a gunsmith since his uncle sam trained him in some place called vietnam. :):

DSC03058.jpg

My second favorite wheel gun. My dad bought this used in about 1965. It is the first handgun I ever shot.

DSC03063.jpg

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    This is not (nearly!) up to Joe Williams Revolver Pr0n(tm)(r)(c) standards, but you need to trust me - this gun is gorgeous.

A Smith and Wesson Model 19-3, born in 1975.

19-3-1.jpg

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Last 2 posters need to provide details!

The corollary to "this thread is worthless without pics", is "pics are (sometimes) worthless without details!"

Top Bottom