• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uglyducky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    PA
    someone said it was a big bore??????....it will kick pretty good with 158gr full power loads...here is a 325PD 18oz N-frame 45ACP/AR.........with 270gr runnin' around 1k it's a hand full.....

n2eetd.jpg

Holy crapoli! That thing is insane. I did not know that there were revolvers were offered in .45acp. Only ever seen 45lc

SwampDude

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I guess I like my S&W 686 so well I posted its photo twice (see above). I also like this Ruger Security Six cause it handles .357 while causing minimum discomfort.

Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Crazy how the prices for revolvers has gone up over the past few years. Used to be dirt cheap.... Missing the good ol days!

I remember back in the early 90's, when the police were changing over from wheelguns to semi's. You could go into Kiesler's and there was display cases full of Mod 19s, 66s, 27s, 28s and a ton of J Frames for next to nothing.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Addictedhealer, I like the R8 a lot but I like the Ruger Match Champion more... It holds a better group on paper and it just feels better in the hand. The higher position of your hand behind the bore on the Rugers allows you to handle the recoil better on full house loads I think atleast... and the grips on the Match Champion look strange but after using the revolver quite a lot now are one of the most comfortable ones I have shot with... I liked the Match Champion so much that I went out and bought another GP100 with the 6 inch barrel to use as my base for a custom survival revolver build... It will be going to Gemini Custom for their V8 hydra porting amoung many other changes to the factory gun... pics will be up of it once it is done with ballistic and group results... I don't think you can go wrong with the stock Ruger Match Champion right out of the box...

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Here are my two. Top is a 629-2 .44 mag with 6" barrel and unfluted cyl, made in 1988.
    Bottom one is a 686-6 .357 7 shot with 5" barrel and unfluted cyl, made in 1996.
    Both are more accurate than me that's for sure.

0829142136_zpsie6pdaba.jpg

Top Bottom