• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    This old shoulder rig has been modified and has carried probably a dozen guns since I've owned it!

And, my old CAS rig that carried a matched pair of .45 Scoffield 1872 Open Top Colt repro's

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Very very cool stuff Slow Hand. Any pics of those Scoffields outside the holsters?

They were 1872 Colt copies in .45 Schofiled. The cool thing was that I modified my 1860 Henry to function with the Schofiled round as well, so I had matching pistols and rifle, just like the originals, but they were all chambered in .44 rimfire!

here they are with an 1851 cartridge conversion

%5BURL=http://s60.photobucket.com/user/Slow_Hand23/media/Gun%20Pics/ThreeOpenTopcartrigeguns.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Gun%20Pics/ThreeOpenTopcartrigeguns.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

View attachment 52297

my pair of 1872's were fit with thenlinger 1860 grip and I really liked the way they felt!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here are mine. S&W Model 66-4 snubby in a Bianchi Cyclone holster, S&W Model 66-1 (unholstered) and Manurhin MR73 in a Simply Rugged pancake holster. I've got another Simply Rugged on order for the snubby.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    To be honest...I really like the Bianchi Model #7, 3-slot, thumb-snap holsters for my Ruger Revolvers...they sit nicely...they're comfortable...they hold their shape...they function correctly...nothing bad to say about them. I prefer the 3-slot holster because I tend to wear cross-draw in the winter months while wearing a vest...I can leave the vest open at the top and reach down in and retrieve it even while sitting in a vehicle with a seat belt on (which typically traps a gun under a coat while wearing 2-3-4:00 position for a RH draw.)

Model 7 Shadow® II Pancake-Style Holster - The Safariland Group

The holster I have for my Alaskan is a Ross Leather closed-bottom 3-slot holster...it makes the beast feel as if it's 1/2 the weight when I'm out hiking!

M19 Closed Bottom Dual Position Pancake Holster With Thumb Break - M19 - Pancake Style - Concealment

GGF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I like this old Mod 27 in an El Paso saddlery holster.

HPIM4085.jpg

GGF

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Warthog, those are soooo cute!
    I spent most of a day at the 1500 asking dealers what serial numbers they gad on all of their NAAs. Finaly found a pair of consecutive numbers. Then I took them to a guy who makes saddles and asked if he would make me something special for these and he said he could make me a mini western rig, conchos and bullet loops and all. I asked him how much, he asked me if I had an old 22 rifle laying around and I did. He told me he'd do it for the rifle. I was pretty happy with the work too.

Top Bottom