When are our guns coming back from Korea?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    South Korea and the federal government signed a deal to bring many M1 Garands and M1 Carbines into the country that have been sitting in South Korean military storage for years. Does anybody know when we will be seeing these rifles in our gun stores or will they be available only through the CMP? Thanks

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The Garands were bought by Century arms. I believe they paid close to $500 each so you can bet they will be more than the current CMP price.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    They were sold to South Korea. They are not ours, and if they wanted to they could throw every last one of them in the ocean.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Wouldn't be surprised to see them de-mill'ed so the administration can keep those nasty assault rifles off of the streets....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Uhh no clue but maybe a nice flow of garands into the market would drop the prices a few hundred bucks.

Well, maybe if there were 8.5 million of them, but there are only 85,000 coming in.

Supply will create it's own demand. Should be plenty of profit at all levels but the price will not drop.

I thaught Obama said he would not allow them in

You are recalling the 800,000 M1 Carbines that RoK has.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    If they are anything like the ones I saw the Korean "Homeguard" use during my time there in the mid 70's, you would not want one at any price, does the phrase "rode hard, put away wet", bring on some unsalvageable images? Besides current Washington administrators would not want you Mr & Ms Second Ammendment to have one.

Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Some M1 carbines were sold back to the US, Korea was not supposed to, but they did. I think any with the barrels stamped with the 'Blue Sky Country' importers mark came back from Korea.

tricky9914

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    I really hope we get an influx of carbines and garands into the country - would love to see the prices go down

Top Bottom