• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you're a felon, you're not allowed to wear a motorcycle helmet, or wear a seatbelt.

I object. It certainly is and it's an outrage!

Got bad news, this survived a void for vagueness challenge a few years ago. Haggard (?), IIRC, maybe 2011.

Are motorcycle helmets and seat belts bullet resistant? Do people typically wear them to protect themselves from such projectiles?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are motorcycle helmets and seat belts bullet resistant? Do people typically wear them to protect themselves from such projectiles?

No clue. I've never had anyone shot with a motorcycle helmet on. I've had several guys that have had bullets bounce off heads, both as kicking team and receiving team.

I'm just dropping knowledge that the Court of Appeals has rejected Thegeek's void for vagueness concerns.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What about consecutiveness? I vaguely recall a case from way back where there was a consecutive sentence that was ok. It just seems to me that if a predicate is the commission of a crime while committing this crime, then it would be concurrent.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Honestly these crimes added while committing a crime seems really silly unless it's consecutive. I think as someone said, it's all just feel-good fluff. It's like telling yer kids to pray for the farmers. Makes you feel like you care.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Funny that it just says "protect from bodily injury". Doesn't say it has to be bullet proof. It would be interesting to see the argument of that vagueness.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    And Kirk would say something witty about Texas.

Anyways, its rare that the media call an AK an SKS, typically it is the other way around (they call an SKS an AK). I do find criminal choices in weapons hilarious sometimes. I remember a Gangland where one of the guys was talking about carrying a .32 in the toe of his boot. Really? That is going to do you a lot of good!

....and he could pull the trigger with his big toe.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I am the originator of this law. I was a patrolman in Fort Wayne, Indiana, when we were finding several of the gangbangers that were doing drive-by shootings, were wearing bullet-proof vest. The only reason they were wearing the vest was to defeat the threat brought against them, which was the police or other gangbangers.
    Before working in Fort Wayne, I was a Deputy Sheriff in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Louisiana had a law making it illegal to wear a vest in the performance of a felony. After going back home, doing research and interviewing the state legislator who originally drafted the law, I brought it back to Indiana. I had meetings with State Senator Tom Wyss, who, along with Fort Wayne Police Chief Neil Moore, helped me draft the law. We presented it to the Indiana State Legislature and the law went into effect in 1996. The charge is an augmentation of a felony, adding three years to the charge. So far, the law has beaten any challenges brought before it and is a protection for law enforcement and one more tool to use in conviction.

WOW!!!!! (and I agree an AWESOME first post!!!) :welcome: to :ingo: from much quieter and peaceful town to the west

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

No clue. I've never had anyone shot with a motorcycle helmet on. I've had several guys that have had bullets bounce off heads, both as kicking team and receiving team.

I'm just dropping knowledge that the Court of Appeals has rejected Thegeek's void for vagueness concerns.

Why wonder??? Let us collect data to create facts so we can have a more informed discussion.

All we need to do is pose the question on Youtube and soon we'll find some [STRIKE]gullible f*****g idiot[/STRIKE], I mean brave, adventurous soul to take the challenge (with their head in the helmet of course) and voila!

We count the survivors v/s the, uh, other "data", and we know the answer to questions like these!

See how easy that would be!

Regards,

Doug

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

Why wonder??? Let us collect data to create facts so we can have a more informed discussion.

All we need to do is pose the question on Youtube and soon we'll find some [STRIKE]gullible f*****g idiot[/STRIKE], I mean brave, adventurous soul to take the challenge (with their head in the helmet of course) and voila!

We count the survivors v/s the, uh, other "data", and we know the answer to questions like these!

See how easy that would be!

Regards,

Doug

Why go to YouTube? I'd be more than happy to put a melon inside of a motorcycle helmet and take some shots at it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why go to YouTube? I'd be more than happy to put a melon inside of a motorcycle helmet and take some shots at it.

I was gonna say. Seems like a pretty easy thing to test if one has a helmet they don't want. I like the melon idea. Shooting targets outdoors should sometimes be messy.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I can think of someone who I'd like to see volunteer to test it of her own volition, but to mention her by name at this time might be problematic, considering the current political campaigns.

And that's all I gots to say 'bout that.

Well, if she's a democrat I'm certain she would volunteer ONE OF HER STAFFERS to stick their head in there. After all, that is what the loyal followers are for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, if she's a democrat I'm certain she would volunteer ONE OF HER STAFFERS to stick their head in there. After all, that is what the loyal followers are for.

If people didn't know what we were talking about, that could easily be seen as vulgar.

Top Bottom