• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I'm not going to lie. I don't have the interest, or really the energy even, anymore.

I prep, and I have contingency plans in place, but to be honest... I don't really have any motivation to fight the good fight.

When SHTF, and I bug out with my family, I plan to lay low and let the violence sort itself out. I know I'm not alone. I know some others who feel the same, and we've discussed the theory of banding together in the country until it all blows over. I'm not interested in being a freedom fighter, rebel, guerrilla, etc. I just want to make sure my family is safe.

Am I the only one on these forums who feels this way? I've never seen it discussed, but I might just be looking in the wrong places.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I plan to do the same. i will have plenty of guns and ammo, but I will use them to protect my family not go looking for trouble.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I have a group of people I associate with, we have the same views, etc. I imagine we will band together if/when SHTF. Look out for our own, and let the world destroy itself. No need for my help there.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We don't prep really, but just assessing what we've got we could bunker down for quite some time where we're at. Depends on what type of SHTF it is. If there's a war I'll probably be fighting it. If it's just chaos you're darn straight the only thing I'm doing is taking care of kin and kind.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I'm not going to lie. I don't have the interest, or really the energy even, anymore.

I prep, and I have contingency plans in place, but to be honest... I don't really have any motivation to fight the good fight.

When SHTF, and I bug out with my family, I plan to lay low and let the violence sort itself out. I know I'm not alone. I know some others who feel the same, and we've discussed the theory of banding together in the country until it all blows over. I'm not interested in being a freedom fighter, rebel, guerrilla, etc. I just want to make sure my family is safe.

Am I the only one on these forums who feels this way? I've never seen it discussed, but I might just be looking in the wrong places.

I'm glad our fore fathers had some stones or we would still be a British colony.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm glad our fore fathers had some stones or we would still be a British colony.

Estimates vary on the percentage of colonists who participated in anyway in the Revolution, but it certainly wasn't the entire population. To each their own.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So I should want to fight to preserve the liberties of those who seek to force government on me?

Who is John Galt?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I look at it like I'm already fighting for freedom. I go to work everyday and pay my taxes so those who won't work can live for free.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Estimates vary on the percentage of colonists who participated in anyway in the Revolution, but it certainly wasn't the entire population.

3.png

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I look at it like I'm already fighting for freedom. I go to work everyday and pay my taxes so those who won't work can live for free.

:+1:

My guess would be, those who choose to 'head for the hills and wait for the trouble to go away' are ALSO going to want to just waltz back in to their nice, comfy positions when the 'trouble' subsides.

Like ALL those folks that voted for Obama! :D

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Estimates vary on the percentage of colonists who participated in anyway in the Revolution, but it certainly wasn't the entire population. To each their own.

These are the rough figures
    I gathered from my Rev War reenacting days...

33% Were Loyalist
    33% Were Patriots
    33% Didn't care one way or the other...

Many of the early families that immigrated through the Cumberland Gap (during the war) into Kentucky, Tennessee, and then the Ohio Valley were basically the latter...However, Boone's wife's family (the Bryants) were staunch Loyalists....When they got to the frontier and began being attacked by Bristish led (and Brished armed) Natives is when they finally got off the fence but it was self preservation...Not ideaology....

In the Carolinas especially the Revolution was mor like a civil war than anything else...

All offered IMHO ofcourse...

Top Bottom