When was the last time you used a phone book?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    When was the last tome you used one to look up a number?
    I use them once in a while for bullet testing.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    last night. when the internet can't give me what i need.

I anticipate that this will become all the more common. For example, to look up residential listings I have not found a source on the internet which is not more expensive than a 411 call on my cell phone.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    use it every now and then to find phone numbers. I know its sometimes faster to use the computer, but sometimes, its more a hassle to boot it up, try to narrow the search engine, but not too much to find it, where as the phone book already has the area, just have to make sure i know which one if there is more then one that Im looking for.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I use it mostly to find pizza delivery phone numbers. Some of the "store locators" on the internet are pretty terrible and don't give the best information. Gotta make sure that the pepperoni and bacon pizza with extra cheese gets to my house piping hot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Had the same land line number for 31 years. If I forget that I am in pre-Alzheimer's..........:D

We keep and use a set of phone books. Handy when looking for specific services etc.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Rarely but I do, I use them at my parents lake because Sprint doesnt get service there. I use it at home when I am looking up a business type, its faster than pulling out the laptop or googling it on my phone.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    They come down our street throwing pb's out wraped in yellow plastic bags,I see some neighbors pick them up and throw them directly in the trash can.
    I have a stack of 6or7 setting on top of the freezer in my garage, and havent used one in a couple of years.
    When Fenway posted about pay phones it made me wonder if Many people used the books anymore

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I use one regularly. I obviously got my regular numbers in my phone, but businesses and such, its faster to go Phone Book. Yay Yellow Pages!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I wish they'd stop sending them to us, too...

Although, we do tend to "rotate" the stock every few years or so for a current edition.

The others get the covers torn off and put in with the recycling. (the covers aren't recycleable if they're the plasticized paper. Standard paperboard can be recycled, however)

Our computer is generally always on. It can be MUCH much faster to look up phone numbers that way.

-J-

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I don't know what it costs to print and deliver a phone book, but I think they are a waste of money. We have not had a regular phone line for years, yet we still keep getting phone books. I think the tree huggers should protest. I don't consider them to be anything more than just another form of junk mail.

Top Bottom