• ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Aco

Thanks for the advice Mike. I'll try anything at this point. With the 9 and 40, I can pretty much place the shot were I want it up too 40-45yrds. I'm trying to build them all to be exactly the same so nothing feels foreign when going from one to the next. The 9mm came with the X2 setup and that went to the classifieds after it's first outing. So virtually they are the same, but I just can't get a handle on the 45. According to my notes, All these targets were set up at 25yrds at three different ranges.

Winchester Ranger -T 147gr 9mm (outdoor range)
    4025yrds.jpg

I belive this was Federal 180gr FMJ FN .40 (indoor range)
    shottarget40.jpg

Winchester Ranger-T 230gr .45 (backyard range)
    xdm45.jpg
    I could be way off, but that bottom one looks as though you are anticipating the recoil. Have someone else load a mag and put a snap cap or two in at random, then shoot as you normally would. When you get to the snap cap you should almost instantly know what you are doing wrong. I had the same issue with my XD.45 when I first got it and my trainer did the snap cap thing. When I got to the dud I was like "ahh ha! now I see..", immediately returned to dry fire drills and corrected the problem..

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Actually, I'm more worried about the texture. It just seems hard to hold onto. The short grip of the subcompact doesn't really bother me too much. I just tuck my pinky under it.

Does anyone make something to add some "grip" to the grip?

I have heard that there is a Hogue or Hogue-like cover. I think there are also some adhesive grips that can be attached. Personally, I don't have a bit of trouble shooting this sidearm. No slippage at all.

I have long narrow fingers too. The back of the grip cradles between my thumb and forefinger quite nicely. With the Peace on the end, my pinky finger keeps it quite stable.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Actually, I'm more worried about the texture. It just seems hard to hold onto. The short grip of the subcompact doesn't really bother me too much. I just tuck my pinky under it.

Does anyone make something to add some "grip" to the grip?

I use a Crossbreed Supertuck for CC days. Works well. The XD is pretty "fat" and harder to conceal than some guns. It will still disappear under a loose shirt with the Crossbreed, though.

I have X-treme Grip non slip decals on order..I'll let you know how they work out.

There was a pretty good review of them on here somewhere, if I recall right someone went 15 months without them peeling..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    I've got the fullsize XDm 9mm. Case with the extra mag, carry holster, speed reloader, 2 mag holder. Love the gun, no failures yet to be reported.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Picked up my fullsize xdm 40 in bitone at the last 1500. I love the gun and it is my EDC. Looking to get a new holster for it and then maybe some other things. Need to do more research and see exactly what I want.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I could be way off, but that bottom one looks as though you are anticipating the recoil. Have someone else load a mag and put a snap cap or two in at random, then shoot as you normally would. When you get to the snap cap you should almost instantly know what you are doing wrong. I had the same issue with my XD.45 when I first got it and my trainer did the snap cap thing. When I got to the dud I was like "ahh ha! now I see..", immediately returned to dry fire drills and corrected the problem..

Thanks for they advice Throttle! Snap caps it is! Another member suggest the same thing. I've never tried that drill, so I'm super curious to see what happens. I will let you guy's know this weekend. XDM for the win

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    XD's! Got to love them!

I have actually slimmed down my collection but not because I don't like them. XDM9 went bye-bye for the wifeys AR build and XDM40 went for a "Top Secret" project:):. I cant say I carry one daily because depending on what I have planned for the day depends on the lady. But if you have it you wont be let down if you need it. My two main carries when it comes to the XDs are a 9sc and a 45cmpt. I prefer the 45 because of how well I can shoot that one though it is a little on the heavy side. The biggest plus IMO of the 45 is that it will literally feed and fire everything. I have shot just about every factory loading and so many different handloads I lost track and have yet to have any feed or function issues. Even thought I like the look and feel, concealability, and over all appeal of my Sigs, Glocks, and 1911s, my XD is the only one that will shoot ANY load I put in it's mag.

:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen

Big sister & little sister.
    Little sister wears Trijicons, lives in a Supertuck and gets plenty of exercise. Big sister is jealous and will have some NS and more exercise soon.
    181705_1733237864441_1643379412_1660186_7210390_n.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Anybody interested in trading the magazine extensions? I am using the smallest of the three, this might hurt resale value? Any thoughts?

You are looking to acquire grip extensions or get out of them for 10 or 13 round mags?:dunno:
    You'll probabaly have a hard time getting just the slip on grip extensions on trade, but you can purchase them from Springfield.

dominicandemon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    St. Augustine, Florida
    You are looking to acquire grip extensions or get out of them for 10 or 13 round mags?:dunno:
    You'll probabaly have a hard time getting just the slip on grip extensions on trade, but you can purchase them from Springfield.

The extensions for the 19 round magazines. The gun comes with 3, only 1 is needed. I was thinking trading for example, my #3 for somebody's #1. It would be a win/win trade.

Top Bottom