• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    are there any shooters in crawfordsville, lafayette or west lafayette? but what i really want to know is there any women or black shooting clubs? i'm sooo sick of going to the range and having to listen to the fools talk bad about non-whites and women.

i want to shoot with people who love the art of shooting, so it doesn't have to be a club for blacks or women just a place that has an open door for all. i love to shoot and i want to be around people who love and respect it as much as i do. so if you know of a place like this please pass that info on to me.

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    So are you a black woman looking for a shooting club for black woman only. What does race have to do with anything?

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    ...I'm sooo sick of going to the range and having to listen to the fools talk bad about non-whites and women.

i want to shoot with people who love the art of shooting, so it doesn't have to be a club for blacks or women just a place that has an open door for all. i love to shoot and i want to be around people who love and respect it as much as i do...

So are you a black woman looking for a shooting club for black woman only. What does race have to do with anything?

Sounds like gunlover is looking for a more open-minded range or club to join in the Crawfordsville/Lafayette area.

Many people share stories of being snubbed at various gun stores or ranges for a variety of reasons.

As an example:
    Just last night I read a story of a shop owner who is also LEO. This person's store is open to the public; however, they apparently discourage sales to anyone besides other LEO.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I must admit I've never heard of a black shooting club any more than I've heard of a white shooting club.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I see what you are saying. I think there is a big difference between a club snubbing non-LEOs and something based on race or gender.

I used to shoot at Pops quite a bit and there were men and women and people of all sorts of various nationalities / races. I didn't see or hear any snubbing there. And the only time I felt uncomfortable there was when people were being unsafe. At that time I would leave.

Sounds like gunlover is looking for a more open-minded range or club to join in the Crawfordsville/Lafayette area.

Many people share stories of being snubbed at various gun stores or ranges for a variety of reasons.

As an example:
    Just last night I read a story of a shop owner who is also LEO. This person's store is open to the public; however, they apparently discourage sales to anyone besides other LEO.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I agree with Fenway...I shoot at PopGuns pretty regular and have seen a mix of race and genders there. And we were all pissed because they were out of a favorite paper target. :):

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have never heard such statements here in Lafayette at gun shoppe or at the gun clubs I belong to.

Gunlove, where, when and what have you heard? I find it troubling, especially given the diverse a population as we have around here.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    If your post is legit, I am sure some of the members here could and would help you find a place to shoot among some good and decent folk who care little about gender or race or other distractions.................

I don't know Kirk Freeman personally, but he sounds like a good person to ask.

gunlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    no i'm not black or a woman, i'm just sick of the fools that i've been in the range with, take it that i don't know any of these ppl, but they talk loud enough for me and everyone else to hear them.

i guess i shouldn't pay them any attention, but i have friends like mr glock who is one of the safest and nicest persons you could ever meet, and it bugs me when i hear what ppl say when he's not in the room. plus he can shoot the dick off of a snail.

let me know of some ranges and i will stop by and let my friends know about them. thank you guys for posting.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    I have never met mr. glock :): I think he lives in Austria or something... on the video he seems like a really nice guy. "safest" i don't think so based on that vid

i guess i shouldn't pay them any attention, but i have friends like mr glock who is one of the safest and nicest persons

:lmfao:

plus he can shoot the dick off of a snail.

gunlover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    the range was darlington gun range, and we all know his name is not mr. glock, i don't even know him by that nick name, but you wouldn't know who i was speaking of if i said his given name. i agree with you on the video, but i saw it on youtube and he wrote on the comment that he didn't check, because he already knew the gun wasn't loaded.

if you saw a video on larry bird missing 100 shots you would say he wasn't a good ball player unless you have actually played with him. same thing here.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    EagleCreek pistol range seem to treat everyone equally. I have watched the staff give special attention to women and minoritiies who needed or wanted help. There is always a bigotted jerk somewhere but seldom seen at Eagle Creek. Same for Marion County Fish and Game Club. I know these are in Indy, not Lafayette but wanted to give you hope that such places exist.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :+1: on Eagle Creek.

Give that range a try gunlover. Great staff there.

EagleCreek pistol range seem to treat everyone equally. I have watched the staff give special attention to women and minoritiies who needed or wanted help. There is always a bigotted jerk somewhere but seldom seen at Eagle Creek. Same for Marion County Fish and Game Club. I know these are in Indy, not Lafayette but wanted to give you hope that such places exist.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    the range was darlington gun range, and we all know his name is not mr. glock, i don't even know him by that nick name, but you wouldn't know who i was speaking of if i said his given name.

Where is "darlington gun range"? Are you referring to the Crawfordsville Gun Club, or is the some range in Darlington?

For what it's worth, I hear people say things I don't like or don't want to hear just about everywhere I go in life, not just gun ranges. I either don't go back, or I ignore it if I have some other reason to be there. I don't get bent out of shape about it.

As far as gun clubs go, any time you get a large enough group of men together, things will be said that will offend someone. In my opinion, either harden the f*** up, or don't go where men congregate.

Furthermore, this might be a serious issue if someone were looking for a club as a social outlet (which many people do and there is nothing wrong with that). If you're just looking for a place to shoot, all that matters to me is whether or not it's safe to be there. That includes the safety habits (or lack thereof) of others who may be there, including whether or not they might engage in illegal activities (which I've never seen at a range, but I know it happens often at places where people shoot in remote areas like the Florida Everglades).

If it's safe and the facilities meet my needs, I don't really care what people talk about because I'm not there to socialize or make new friends. I'm there to shoot. If I want someone with whom to socialize, I'll bring them with me or meet someone there.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Sounds like you are looking for a segregated club, I feel shooting,marksmanship, and the love of firearms, at the civilian level,is an all inclusive hobby,sport, whatever you want to call it. If you need to start your own club to be secure, do so. I don't care for the idea of starting B.S. just to get a reaction. In the mean time you can shoot with me once anytime. The next time will depend on how safe I deem you to be. Whoever you are.

I had a small piece of advice passed along to me upon entering the Military which goes: Make and try to understand one friend of every race, color, and creed, and "your" world be a better place.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've seen worse plans, Kirkster ... and wait ... everyone already makes fun of me anyway, so it's not like they'll have to do anything new or different! They have EXPERIENCE!

HiRoller ... are you talking to me or to the orginal poster? It makes more sense if you're talking to the orginal poster.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom