• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    We are tearing out our kitchen in a few weeks. The plan is to put down new hard wood floors, and new cabinets. Does anyone know of a surplus type of place to get cabinets at, or how about any cabinet makers here on INGO.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Menards, Lowe's, or Home Cheap-o will get you your cabinets the quickest.

My step dad is a custom cabinet maker... But #1, he's over near Crawfordsville. #2, it'd be a while before he could get to you due to other irons he has in the fire.

If you're willing to wait a few months and pay big $$, I'm sure you can hunt up several cabinet makers in your area...

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    We priced Lowes and Menards a little already. Today was the first we thought of checking for custom cabinet makers, looks like we should have thought about it earlier. I want this done before the end of March.

Were just trying to save a little or get better quality for about the same price. I hate particle board in cabinets.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I had cabinets built several years ago by Simply Amish ( before they were called that) and found them to be of very high quality, reasonably priced, and willing to build me exactly what I wanted, which was quite different from standard cabinetry.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Check out Masterbrands in Jasper good stuff. Thier Decora line is top shelf but not custom.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I have a good friend that is a Builder-contractor who helped me put cabinets in my kitchen. I had him get me quotes with his cabinet maker contacts and they where $6 to $7000.00 his cost. We went to Lowe's and he picked me out a similar quality cabinets for $4500.00 that was seven years ago.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I had my cabinets and vanities custom built in Shipshewanna. If you want a good quality cabinet maker, you may look at several months due to their backlog. If you find a cabinet maker that can start right away, it's a good sign that he's not very good.

Here are a few pics of mine.

348f884a.jpg

08064683.jpg

f70406d8.jpg

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    When my buddy built his house he had an amish guy from the Odon area build his. I want to say he payed upwards of $9k but don't hold me to that. I believe that also included delivery and install. I'd have to ask him.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When my buddy built his house he had an amish guy from the Odon area build his. I want to say he payed upwards of $9k but don't hold me to that. I believe that also included delivery and install. I'd have to ask him.

Cabinets aren't cheap at all. I've heard some custom cabinet makers quote $400+ per linear foot. I got all the cabinets in my kitchen, a 36" vanity, a 60" vanity, a 72" vanity and a 60" wall cabinet and it ran $12k. Options on cabinets such as glass windows, pulls and handles, pull out drawers, upgraded drawer glides, etc. can really bring up the prices.

My cabinets have the ez close drawer guides and all the interiors are birch face plywood. Particle board is much cheaper. All my exterior wood is quarter sawn red oak.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I had my cabinets and vanities custom built in Shipshewanna. If you want a good quality cabinet maker, you may look at several months due to their backlog. If you find a cabinet maker that can start right away, it's a good sign that he's not very good.

Here are a few pics of mine.

348f884a.jpg

08064683.jpg

f70406d8.jpg

That looks nice. I will post some pics of before and after on ours when it's done. With wait times being in the months for custom work we will probably stick with Lowes unless we can find a place that carries them assembled for a better price.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you are looking for new counter tops, I'd highly recommend not going to Lowes. We got our tops at a place east of Indy called Solid Surfaces. The exact same brand and color at lowes was over double Solid Surfaces's price. Their customer service was also outstanding. They do several brands of corian style tops and if you're interested, I'll dig up their contact info.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Cabinets aren't cheap at all. I've heard some custom cabinet makers quote $400+ per linear foot. I got all the cabinets in my kitchen, a 36" vanity, a 60" vanity, a 72" vanity and a 60" wall cabinet and it ran $12k. Options on cabinets such as glass windows, pulls and handles, pull out drawers, upgraded drawer glides, etc. can really bring up the prices.

My cabinets have the ez close drawer guides and all the interiors are birch face plywood. Particle board is much cheaper. All my exterior wood is quarter sawn red oak.

I could be right then. Just seems high. His cabinets do have the ez close drawer guides, I do remember that.

Top Bottom