• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    Traveled a lot last week. Tennessee, Kentucky, North Carolina, Georgia. Mostly OC, some CC. Not a problem in restaurants, stores or just outside. Spent a day in South Carolina and the gun spent the day in the trunk.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Dentists office for oldests braces, then hit McDonalds on the way out of Fort Wayne.

Only issue was card reader on the register wasn't working and apparently it is too difficult to use one of the other 2 registers that do!?!:rolleyes:

Good choice on waiting till you were on your way out of town before robbing McD's!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Briar and Bean from 9-2 this morning/afternoon, than a quick stop home, off to Hucks to gas up, then me and my fiance took a day trip over to Louisville.

OC'd at Mall St. Matthews (All the chick stores, no problems), Oxmoor Center (Awesome smoke shop in here), a walk around downtown, and then to P.F. Changs for dinner.

On the way out of town, we stopped at a Marathon, and the clerk got all wide eyed when I walked in.

At the Mall St. Matthews, a guard walked into Godiva where we were standing in line, looked at me, looked at my gun, smiled and started talking to some worker that was cleaning a case.

Overall a good day!

Edit: Anyone going to the West Side Nutclub Fall Festival this week? Will you be OC'ing? I will be. :D

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I carried open at Wal-Mart today. Well, I had initially had it concealed, but my light jacket kept coming up over the butt of my Glock 22, which I carry in a paddle holster. I decided to just leave it open. I shop at Wal-Mart for their "Everyday Low Prices." I don't want to be the victim an an "Everyday Criminal."

As the old adage goes, "An armed society is a polite society." It does not come as a surprise how polite everyone becomes when they see you are OCing. Of course, as a law-abiding and non-violent person, I'm awfully polite and courteous, too.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Great Wall Buffet at Jefferson & Ardmore/Hillegas for lunch with the family, then Foster Park afterwards to let the daughter burn off energy at the playground. Buffet & park were both very busy, yet absolutely no problems. Nobody called the police, no panic, no running off in terror. Very nice weather today on a side note.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Lowe's once and Menard's twice. One trip always begets at least one more.

The clerk at Menard's asked if I was going hunting:n00b:. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I said no, I'm closing my pool. Then he asked about my CZ and it finally occured to me why he asked that.

He said he only sees cops OCing. I explained that I was just a proper citizen that takes responsibilty for my own safety. He said good and thanks for not hunting him.:rolleyes:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Today after I was done with the parade and could re-join the population, I walked around the Hope Heritage Days festival for a couple of hours. Only got one look as I walked by a guy. He glanced down at my side as I walked by him, and he turned around and made sure he was seeing what he thought he was seeing.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At Brown County State Park right now. The map/instructions they give you even says all firearms (except those lawfully possessed) are to be unloaded and locked :)

Seems to be pro legal firearms

Edit: While at the park, walked by two officers on the road. Talked a bit about two separate cars running off into a tree. Slick roads and people driving too fast. He looked at my USP, but didn't mention it.

Last edited:

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    brown county as well as all IN State Parks.

At Brown County State Park right now. The map/instructions they give you even says all firearms (except those lawfully possessed) are to be unloaded and locked :)

Seems to be pro legal firearms

Edit: While at the park, walked by two officers on the road. Talked a bit about two separate cars running off into a tree. Slick roads and people driving too fast. He looked at my USP, but didn't mention it.

All Indiana state parks have the same clause. They state that anyone in possession of a LTCH may carry a handgun. But they do seem to indicate that they do not want you carrying anything else. IE hunting rifles or Shotguns. Maybe they are worried you might see a deer and decide to start shooting wildly. I dunno.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I didn't think you could carry at the cop shop. Especially SBPD. Good thing you didn't run into Officer Maxey or his 5 year old girl minions. It would have gotten ugly fast!

You are a GOD!:bowdown:

No law forbids it. I even called first to ask, and the Sergeant who answered the call said it was fine. He did warn me, however, to not be surprised if I got held at gunpoint when I walked inside. It didn't happen, thankfully.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    This is unbelievable.. Prepare for another rant about Evansville PD. Just a disclaimer, I did NOT get his name, I was just far too frustrated to think straight. I can't remember exactly what he said, I again was too frustrated. But here goes as best I remember...

Today my Fiance and I decided to shoot down to the fall fest to grab some lunch before work. I usually park in the K-9 unit parking, it's close and its cheap. So I get there, and lift up in my seat to get to my wallet.

The off duty cop working there asked if I had my permit, and I told him "No, I have a License to Carry.." He told me I need to cover my gun up, and that its just absolutely idiotic to carry openly, especially around so many people. He wishes they never changed the LTCH to allow OC, and that he hates people that do that.. "Just think, how easy it would be for someone to come up and smash your head with a bat, and steal your gun."

I responded with "Well, it's comfortable and that's how I like to carry." He THREW my money back into my car (Two bills in the passenger foot well, one in my lap) and told me if I don't cover it, don't worry about parking there. He proceeded to reiterate how stupid I am (yes, directly at me) for open carrying, and he hates people that do it.

As I was reversing out, he shouted "I'll make sure every cop down here stops you and asks to see your permit. Have a fantastic day!"

I was just absolutely appalled. I couldn't think straight, I didn't get a name, I didn't get anything. My mind was just rushing 1000 miles a minute trying to process what just happened..

I parked elsewhere, open carried all around the fall fest (for the fourth time this year) and didn't get stopped once... Now I am off to work for the rest of the night.

The cop was about six foot, brown hair and had shades on.. So that narrows it down to about half the population of Evansville.. Ugh. I am sure I forgot a few things he said, but like I said, I was just overwhelmed..

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    This is unbelievable.. Prepare for another rant about Evansville PD. Just a disclaimer, I did NOT get his name, I was just far too frustrated to think straight. I can't remember exactly what he said, I again was too frustrated. But here goes as best I remember...

Today my Fiance and I decided to shoot down to the fall fest to grab some lunch before work. I usually park in the K-9 unit parking, it's close and its cheap. So I get there, and lift up in my seat to get to my wallet.

The off duty cop working there asked if I had my permit, and I told him "No, I have a License to Carry.." He told me I need to cover my gun up, and that its just absolutely idiotic to carry openly, especially around so many people. He wishes they never changed the LTCH to allow OC, and that he hates people that do that.. "Just think, how easy it would be for someone to come up and smash your head with a bat, and steal your gun."

I responded with "Well, it's comfortable and that's how I like to carry." He THREW my money back into my car (Two bills in the passenger foot well, one in my lap) and told me if I don't cover it, don't worry about parking there. He proceeded to reiterate how stupid I am (yes, directly at me) for open carrying, and he hates people that do it.

As I was reversing out, he shouted "I'll make sure every cop down here stops you and asks to see your permit. Have a fantastic day!"

I was just absolutely appalled. I couldn't think straight, I didn't get a name, I didn't get anything. My mind was just rushing 1000 miles a minute trying to process what just happened..

I parked elsewhere, open carried all around the fall fest (for the fourth time this year) and didn't get stopped once... Now I am off to work for the rest of the night.

The cop was about six foot, brown hair and had shades on.. So that narrows it down to about half the population of Evansville.. Ugh. I am sure I forgot a few things he said, but like I said, I was just overwhelmed..

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, I hate leos that let the badge go to their head :-/

Top Bottom