• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Walgreens in Lowell. They had 24 bottle cases of water in sale for $1.99. Bought a bunch. Then Aldi's. A block over to Alco looking for rubber totes then to Stracks next door.

Was in there shopping with my wife for about 45min. When we were headed for the cashier an older gentleman said something to me as I was loading a 5 gallon jug of water for my water cooler into the cart (I drink a lot of water...). I didn't understand him so I asked him what he said.

He pointed to my Glock and said that concealed carry is nice huh? I wasn't sure if he was just confused about the meaning of the word concealed or was being sarcastic.

Me: You can open carry in Indiana.
    Him: He said I know it's great, I think more people should carry.
    Me: Oh, I agree.
    Him: My son carries everywhere he goes.
    Me: That's awesome, good for him.
    Him: Yeah people should in these times.

I agreed and we sort of parted ways. For a second I thought about asking him if he carried but based on his responses it seemed not and figured he might not want me asking.

i believe walgreens as a corporate stance is anti-gun. IIRC, there was a big to-do about an off duty employee carrying into a store and was fired.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    No where today, but out and about yesterday: Hardees, Menards, the little Mexican place in town (the slowest service on this earth), and the nursing home to visit my grandmother while she recuperates. Busy day!

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    i believe walgreens as a corporate stance is anti-gun. IIRC, there was a big to-do about an off duty employee carrying into a store and was fired.

Interesting, didn't know that and never had a problem. Perhaps CVS is more sane, will look into. Thank you.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    OC'd in Lowes in Terre Haute yesterday. Was wearing dirty jeans and tshirt cause I was working on a project outside. Nobody said a word about the gun. Several employees noticed it, but simply asked if I was finding everything ok.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Was shopping today in South Bend looking for some toys for grand kids. Stopped into Toys R Us and had a cart full of stuff and before I could get to the check out lane a lady working at the store came up to me and said,"Sir you will have to leave the store and do not come back in with an opened carry firearm!" "So I said, I'll just cover it up if that will make you feel better." "No sir I'm asking you to leave right now." Ok, I have over $150 worth of things in my cart and you don't want my business. You are a real stupid woman to loose my money. I am licensed to carry this firearm and I have broken no laws. You do not have a sign posted in ref. to my carrying a firearm, why don't you post one so people know this? Have a rotton day
    and off I went.
    Now we can pass that on and I have sent management at the corp. office an email in ref. to my encounter. It did draw a small crowd and one guy spoke up and said well I'll leave also, and with that he pulled back his jacket exposing a 1911 and out the door he went. He waited for me to come out and we stood and talked in front of the store for a good 10 minutes. In that time a police car was seen cruising the parking lot but no stop and nothing happened with that. This will be the second time I have been asked to leave because of an open carry. Elder Beerman, now called Carson's but that was last year in Elkhart. Elder Beerman lost about $3000 of my money that day as I was paying for furniture when asked by the manager to leave because of open carry. I will continue to exersize my right to OC or CC. Money speaks in todays times and if they don't want it, another business will, and they have with-out any complaintes. Excuse my miss spelling as my spell check has not worked lately.. Thanks for letting me vent.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Was shopping today in South Bend looking for some toys for grand kids. Stopped into Toys R Us and had a cart full of stuff and before I could get to the check out lane a lady working at the store came up to me and said,"Sir you will have to leave the store and do not come back in with an opened carry firearm!" "So I said, I'll just cover it up if that will make you feel better." "No sir I'm asking you to leave right now." Ok, I have over $150 worth of things in my cart and you don't want my business. You are a real stupid woman to loose my money. I am licensed to carry this firearm and I have broken no laws. You do not have a sign posted in ref. to my carrying a firearm, why don't you post one so people know this? Have a rotton day
    and off I went.
    Now we can pass that on and I have sent management at the corp. office an email in ref. to my encounter. It did draw a small crowd and one guy spoke up and said well I'll leave also, and with that he pulled back his jacket exposing a 1911 and out the door he went. He waited for me to come out and we stood and talked in front of the store for a good 10 minutes. In that time a police car was seen cruising the parking lot but no stop and nothing happened with that. This will be the second time I have been asked to leave because of an open carry. Elder Beerman, now called Carson's but that was last year in Elkhart. Elder Beerman lost about $3000 of my money that day as I was paying for furniture when asked by the manager to leave because of open carry. I will continue to exersize my right to OC or CC. Money speaks in todays times and if they don't want it, another business will, and they have with-out any complaintes. Excuse my miss spelling as my spell check has not worked lately.. Thanks for letting me vent.
    I carried OWB but threw my shirt over it in Babies 'R Us today with the wife. Nobody noticed or nobody cared [I wasn't trying particularly hard to hide it, the end was sticking out maybe 1/2".]

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    So I said, I'll just cover it up if that will make you feel better.

This

I will continue to exersize my right to OC

And this are illogical.

You do not have a sign posted in ref.

If this is true, yeah they need to talk to corp, the one in Merrillville has them posted to the point that the door has anti gun acne.

Now we can pass that on and I have sent management at the corp. office an email in ref. to my encounter.

They are already aware, this chain is hugely anti-gun.

Have a rotton day

This is my opinion: Next time try to be a little more mature, let them know how you feel about their policy and let them know they lost your money. A better option might have been to share that due to their policy you will no longer be shopping there and share that with corp. Wishing them ill will may be viewed and juvenile and your message lost.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    This is my opinion: Next time try to be a little more mature, let them know how you feel about their policy and let them know they lost your money. A better option might have been to share that due to their policy you will no longer be shopping there and share that with corp. Wishing them ill will may be viewed [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] as juvenile and your message lost.

:+1:

It almost never hurts to kill our opposition with :wwub: kindness :wwub: , especially those that are just acting as a mouth-piece for the bean-counters that sign their paycheck. If this woman or any witnesses had any anti-gun leanings to begin with, they've now been reinforced by the "have a rotten day" comment, and she/they will be quite likely to use this encounter as an example as to why "people like us" shouldn't be allowed to carry firearms.

Instead of this:

Stopped into Toys R Us and had a cart full of stuff and...a lady working at the store came up to me and said, "Sir you will have to leave the store and do not come back in with an opened (sic; :scratch:) carry firearm!" So I said, "I'll just cover it up if that will make you feel better." "No sir I'm asking you to leave right now." "Ok, I have over $150 worth of things in my cart and you don't want my business. You are a real stupid woman :nono: (even though it tends to be true with the gun banners...) to lose my money. I am licensed to carry this firearm and I have broken no laws. You do not have a sign posted in ref. to my carrying a firearm, why don't you post one so people know this? Have a rotten day. :nono:
    I think something like this:

"Sir you will have to leave the store and do not come back in with an opened (:dunno:) carry firearm!"
    So I said, "I'll just cover it up if that will make you feel better."
    "No sir I'm asking you to leave right now."
    "Very well...as an agent of the corporation that owns the property you are permitted to lose my business by doing so. However, I will need you to give me the contact information for your immediate supervisor/district manager as well as corporate headquarters to address the poor customer service I am receiving because of your actions in enforcing a policy that is more concerned with protecting corporate profits rather than human life."
    Her: " :blahblah:
    smiley.gif
    smiley.gif
    :blahblah: "
    You: ... :rolleyes: :lala: :facepalm: :rolleyes: ...
    (After getting the contact info...)
    "Your actions are unfortunate, but I wish you a good day just the same...!" :cool: :cool: :cool:
    ...would leave a better impression, if not with her, than at least with any witnesses. A calm and kind demeanor in the face of unreasonableness could very well win fence-sitting witnesses over to the Right/Correct side of the gun issue...

My :twocents:....

:cheers: :ingo:

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Barber shop. The owner is big-time into competition archery, and he keeps Les Bauer catalogues on his magazine rack. So he is definitely into guns. As far as how he feels about OC in his shop, we haven't got into a conversation about the OC, but I'm happy to do so. On the other hand, he hasn't objected to it either.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Goodwill,Walmart,White Castle. Nice encounter with older gentleman in goodwill(customer)-who questioned about the legality of OC in Indiana-I assured him it was totally legal with LTCH-he now wants to renew his LTCH he let lapse years ago.+1 for "our side":)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Stopped by DiBella's on 86th street for dinner and then took the dogs for a walk through my neighborhood. No instances at DiBella's but did have an instance while walking the dogs. Someone's dog decided to jump through their front door and attack one of my dogs. Luckily my dog wasn't injured and I only came away with a broken collar, scraped up elbow, and a dinged up muzzle on the G17 (downside to OC, I guess). Still debating on whether to notify Animal Control or not.

I did, for a split second, consider dispatching the dog, but once it was on mine it could have been disastrous in my favor. That being said, would it have been a justified shoot on my part if I drew on the dog and shot it while it was running towards me from the door?

Top Bottom