• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Last night OC'd while playing at X-site Lazer Tag in Castleton. OC'd mowing the lawn this morning. Got a few glances from people who live farther down the drive but nothing horrendous.

Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Helped a buddy of mine move into an apartment downtown, that involved stopping by the storage facility, a speedway that was very busy with people, and carrying large items into a building near 13 and Delaware.

Ironically the only person that even mentioned it happened to be another Ingo member who complimented the OC at the apt. building.

+1 Indy, also I am slowly learning Ingo members are everywhere.

PlinKing2392

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Avon
    Had a great OC experience today at the Taco Bell on 96th street in Fishers. While waiting on my food, a very well behaved group of young men (looked like high schoolers) were sitting and waiting as well. One of them asked, "Sir, can I ask you? Why do you carry a firearm?" Firstly, I was shocked by his polite question. I gave him the go to when not looking for a conversation. "The quick answer is, because I can..." Another asked, "So, your not an Officer of the Law?" Of course, I said no, but overall, I was pleased with their respect.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Went over to Greensburg today for some new truck tires. Walked into NTB and after "checking in" another customer complimented me on OCing. Asked if my XD was a Glock. After a while one of the employees started asking me questions, and talking about the failed gun control bills.

Drove downtown on the square to help my dad move some plywood sheets, then out to Wally World to grab some garlic bread and salad for supper.

Dropped the truck off at the house and ran into Columbus on the motorcycle to hit the bank and had to get some go juice for the bike. I was hybrid carrying at that point as my jacket rides up.

Everybody and their brother were out on their motorcycles in Greensburg. I saw two in Columbus besides myself. WTH?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've been CC'ing for two months now and decided I'd take the plunge and OC, if only for a few minutes. I stopped by the local Wally World to run in and check the ammo shelf for 9mm and .38 special. There wasn't anything there, shocking I know.

A little background... I was carrying with an IWB holster, but didn't have anything covering the grip of the gun, so I guess it was more of an oC than a true OC.

As for the overall experience. The Walmart greeter actually said hello to me. That is rare these days, so I was surprised. Other than that no one looked at me funny or even said anything to me. Granted I just did a lap by the ammo counter and left, but I'd say it was a success. I look forward to finding a good OC rig and doing it more often.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Big day at BW3

As I was walking in, a man in a group of three asked what model my Glock was. He said he just bought a Glock 30 across the street just a minute ago, and asked if he could buy my Glock 23.

At the bar, the guy to my right stared for a good long time, and pointed me out to the guy to his right.

The further right-guy asked me the model, said he has an XD in his car. The first guy (quite drunk), went on for about a half hour asking me about mine... gave me situations like "what if someone came in here and started shooting, would you kill them?", etc...

Quite interesting.

Edit:

This morning at McDonalds and Starbucks. Two ISP officers were in McDonalds next to me in line. One gave me a nod. Didn't seem to care.

Last edited:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Firehouse Subs and the Tan & Laundry (dryer broke last week) in Plainfield on Sunday.

A guy folding his clothes remarked that he didn't know open carry was legal in Indiana, I replied that it was, and then he started talking about being from out of town (Maryland I think), but had his Utah Permit for traveling. He mentioned that traveling with guns is a hassle, so he rarely does it. All I could think was why spend the money on the Utah permit then? :dunno:

First time anyone has ever said anything to me, so a positive reaction was good!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Where did we go today..? Oh yeah, ok, car wash this morning (had to towel dry and vacuum interior), Donut Bank, Hucks (gas), 5/3 bank, Eastland Mall*, River City Pawn, North Main Pawn** and Donut Bank again, and then B-Dubs for dinner. No problems

*Eastland mall was bought out from Simon to some other company. The new owners got a new security firm to patrol Eastland, and I haven't had any issues OCing in the mall. I don't know if the new guys are lazy, or don't notice it, or don't care. But I've been there about four times now, and not had a issue.

**The lady behind the counter at NMP asked what I was carrying, and I told her a 1911, and she scooted out her hip to show me her new Ruger SR9C. So we had a quick chat about guns before I left.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thorntons gas station yesterday. Officer was in the parking lot, didn't notice or didn't care. Then took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood.

Today, Chik-Fil-A. Saw a guy with an NRA hat, but he wasn't noticably carrying.

Top Bottom