• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWiredFox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    I think we should find our local establishments that have put up the 'We Serve Everyone' and 'Proudly Serve' stickers in response to the RFRA issues, and open carry pistols (with LTCH) in a show of our civil rights.
    Take your pistol, your family, your camera.
    Feel free to share if any establishments decide to discriminate against your civil rights.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Applebee's in Greenwood. Kid in the booth next to us had an M&P hat, the guy across the isle had a Smith & Wesson shirt, and I had my M&P9c. Not a Glock in sight; the way out founding fathers would have it.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I think we should find our local establishments that have put up the 'We Serve Everyone' and 'Proudly Serve' stickers in response to the RFRA issues, and open carry pistols (with LTCH) in a show of our civil rights.
    Take your pistol, your family, your camera.
    Feel free to share if any establishments decide to discriminate against your civil rights.

I like it. I logged onto Uber at the height of the RFRA uproar and their splash screen said something similar about "being PROUD to be everyone's driver in Indiana". I wonder how many Uber drivers would refuse passengers who are OC'ing. Hmmm, that might merit a thread.

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    BigR, Meijer, lowes, and Taco Bell. heard a little kid ask his dad if i could carry a gun and the dad said yes then the kid asked why he didn't carry a gun. Almost got into it with the same guy in the parking lot because he was getting extremely rough with his wife and kids (like hitting pushing cussing) but that has nothing to do with me carrying. also had an older gentleman point at my gun and say "nice".

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Dinner at Frank's in Danville last night with my wife. Had a nice chat with the waitress, who noticed my XD. We laughed that we have been eating there once a month or so for 8 years, and this is the first anyone has made mention. I believe she was more of a Glock person, but that can be forgiven.

No issues, nice dinner!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Dinner at Frank's in Danville last night with my wife. Had a nice chat with the waitress, who noticed my XD. We laughed that we have been eating there once a month or so for 8 years, and this is the first anyone has made mention. I believe she was more of a Glock person, but that can be forgiven.

No issues, nice dinner!
    So did you reduce her tip?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    OC'd into the local ACE hardware store in Munster on Sunday while running errands, stopped at ACE to buy some fertilizer for the lawn. There was a local PD cruiser in the parking lot which I parked next to. I never did see a uniformed officer in the store, but one customer seemed to be checking me out very closely. By the time I checked out and went back to my vehicle the cruiser was gone. From there I went to Home Depot and Meijer's, never a word from anyone.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Pulled up at the pump at Mr. Fuel in Gary and started to fill up mu truck. The guy on the other side of the pump saw my 1911 and frowned. He looked really mad. he could n't take his eyes off of me and my weapon. I figured he was an extreme ANTI and since he was twice my size and 30 years junior I was on a condition orange tipping toward red. He finished pumping his fuel and pulled out so another car could pull in. Then he pulled in at the air just feet away. As he got out he asked if it was legal to OC in Indiana. It turned out that he had applied for his LTCH and was just curious. It turned into a great teaching situation. That is one of the best reasons for OC. I also told him to come to INGO Where i learned most of what i know about the Indiana Code.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nice little interaction this evening @ the local Mexican restaurant. As my wife and I got up to leave, the gentleman at the booth across from us stopped me and said something to the effect "Thanks for exercising our rights."

I think that was a first for me. So, whoever you are.... you are very welcome, and it is my pleasure.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Going to Indy brew fest on Saturday, probably CC that one.

Was a good time. Saw a guy being arrested after he ran onto the field and slid into home plate. Drunks were screaming at the officers to "let him go" like idiots. Shortly after, another guy ran out there and was similarly apprehended.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom