• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    I always OC and I never leave my house without my pistol. Never had anyone say anything cross to me about it. Had a couple people ask me what it is or try to guess, but nobody has gotten it right yet.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I always OC and I never leave my house without my pistol. Never had anyone say anything cross to me about it. Had a couple people ask me what it is or try to guess, but nobody has gotten it right yet.

What kills me is when people try to sound like they know guns. I carry a Glock 19. I get people who say, "Is that a SIG?"

Yeah. Because a Glock looks so much like a SIG. That's probably the only gun they know and they want to impress me. If you don't know what it is, just ask me. You'll look much less stupid that way.

Of course, most people don't notice, or at least don't comment. I did have a guy at Petsmart ask, "9 or 40?" I told him it was a 9. "19?" "Yep." We talked guns for a little bit out front of the store, then went on with our days.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Carried at the petsmart in schererville, the cashier noticed and mentioned that he cc's a g19. He said he didn't feel comfortable oc and I told him that no one ever notices anyway, why go through the trouble of dressing around the gun. Then the wife and I had dinner at the wheel in Hammond, not a single person noticed. After, we stopped at the Walmart next to Cabelas and walked past five sheriff's deputies, one of them gave me a nod and I waved back. No boots were jacked.

Then we stopped at a 711 and this is where things got interesting. I walked in just as the cashier was arguing with a customer. Apparently, cashier thought customer stole something. Cashier picked up the phone and dialed 911. Customer walks out swearing. A moment later some of his buddies come in. By this time, I'm checking out and the group notices me. They mull around at the door and decide to walk out and drive off, tires spinning. Cashier thanks me, gives me my change and I walk back to my car and go home.

:yesway::rolleyes:

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    What kills me is when people try to sound like they know guns. I carry a Glock 19. I get people who say, "Is that a SIG?"

Yeah. Because a Glock looks so much like a SIG. That's probably the only gun they know and they want to impress me. If you don't know what it is, just ask me. You'll look much less stupid that way.

Of course, most people don't notice, or at least don't comment. I did have a guy at Petsmart ask, "9 or 40?" I told him it was a 9. "19?" "Yep." We talked guns for a little bit out front of the store, then went on with our days.

Yeah, the last guy asked if it was a Smith and Wesson. I said, "No, but it's a 40 Smith and Wesson caliber." He went on jabbering about he doesn't carry but there's so much crime these days and things are getting crazy. I was on a security detail so I excused myself and told him I had to go.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Not my story, but a friend of mine was open carrying his G21. A guy approached him and asked if that was a .45. He told him it was. The old guy then exclaimed, "Hell yeah! Now that's American!" My friend explained that Glock was made in Austria. "Austria, eh? The land down under!"

People never run out of stupid **** to say.

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    Lol. That put a well needed smile on my face. That's hilarious. Mine is from Brazil. The country, not the city. It resides in Brazil the city now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped by Walmart on 86th (essentially the little brother to the Beech Grove Walmart) to pick up a Wii U bundle. Cashier had no large bags, so I walked out with it under my arm, receipt in pocket. Door associate asked for receipt, gave her the "I'm good, thanks" and headed to car.

Then to Chik-Fil-A for lunch, and BP for gas.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    First, met Mrs. Monkey at the hairdresser to pick up the lil monkeys. They all got haircuts but she was getting colored so she didnt want to make the kids sit around. So we went to mcdonalds for dinner while momma sat in the chair. I wasnt hungry so I didnt eat.

Fast forward a couple hours and I couldnt find anything appetizing in the fridge so I made a run for the border. The drive thru was backed up so I went inside.

Apparently Im not scary or a threat. As I finish my order, the manager walks up and interrupts us. He says to her "I need to make sure you have enough change in your drawer." [unlocks drawer, starts rifling through making sure she has enough 5s and 1s] "The safe locks soon, so I have to make sure you have enough in your drawer while it is still unlocked." :n00b: So apparently he is either a moron, or didnt find the armed customer standing in front of him a threat. I like that!

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    First, met Mrs. Monkey at the hairdresser to pick up the lil monkeys. They all got haircuts but she was getting colored so she didnt want to make the kids sit around. So we went to mcdonalds for dinner while momma sat in the chair. I wasnt hungry so I didnt eat.

Fast forward a couple hours and I couldnt find anything appetizing in the fridge so I made a run for the border. The drive thru was backed up so I went inside.

Apparently Im not scary or a threat. As I finish my order, the manager walks up and interrupts us. He says to her "I need to make sure you have enough change in your drawer." [unlocks drawer, starts rifling through making sure she has enough 5s and 1s] "The safe locks soon, so I have to make sure you have enough in your drawer while it is still unlocked." :n00b: So apparently he is either a moron, or didnt find the armed customer standing in front of him a threat. I like that!

It is not us that is the threat. I think most people understand that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

A lot of people have no concept of opsec.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is "opsec"?

OPSEC is what Jaime Foxx tells the FBI is blown.

latest

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I have recently been on an OC kick here this past week. I don't know why but I rarely see other OCers around Shelbyville unless I am doing it. Every time I have been in Rual King and once at Walmart I have seen another person all week. And when I was at Taco Bell the kid behind the counter complemented my handgun.

Top Bottom