• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    Walked into subway here in Brazil last night and there were 3 county sheriff deputies and a city sitting at a table, my wife, 5 year old little girl and I walked in and every eye was immediately on me. I acknowledged them, nodded my head and walked up to the counter. Not a word was said by anyone.

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    Another one Friday afternoon. Went into a gas station I frequent and there was a new girl working. Still fresh in town from Bloomington and she said to her friend, "why does he have a gun?" She said, "he's always got his gun, never seen him without it" I pretend I didn't hear it and go to pay for my drinks and she says, "you never see people walking around with guns in Bloomington, but up here it's like everybody has one and they're not ashamed to let you know it." My wife asked, "where are you from?" She answered, then my wife says, "so, do you like it here?" She said, yeah......the people sure are a lot nicer." On my way to the door I said, "That's because we all carry guns.

bhunt31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Brazil
    One more (it's been a week) I was up in Boswell today at the auction and met a guy from Africa (seriously), he approached me and said, "I have to ask you a question." I started laughing cuz I knew what was coming. He says, "you can just carry a gun around like that here?" So I explained to him about the permit and all that, then he said, "but, why do you carry a gun?" I replied, "because if I'm gonna get shot, so is the person that shot me." He laughed and said, "Very good"

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Another one Friday afternoon. Went into a gas station I frequent and there was a new girl working. Still fresh in town from Bloomington and she said to her friend, "why does he have a gun?" She said, "he's always got his gun, never seen him without it" I pretend I didn't hear it and go to pay for my drinks and she says, "you never see people walking around with guns in Bloomington, but up here it's like everybody has one and they're not ashamed to let you know it." My wife asked, "where are you from?" She answered, then my wife says, "so, do you like it here?" She said, yeah......the people sure are a lot nicer." On my way to the door I said, "That's because we all carry guns.

One more (it's been a week) I was up in Boswell today at the auction and met a guy from Africa (seriously), he approached me and said, "I have to ask you a question." I started laughing cuz I knew what was coming. He says, "you can just carry a gun around like that here?" So I explained to him about the permit and all that, then he said, "but, why do you carry a gun?" I replied, "because if I'm gonna get shot, so is the person that shot me." He laughed and said, "Very good"

All very, very good! I love it when stuff like this happens.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm working in East Chicago this week and yesterday I stopped in at Mickey D's for lunch, it's McRib season so I'm happy. I ordered, payed and stood waiting for my food, the manager brought me my food and I sat down ate and left. No one said anything. Today I stopped in at Mickey D's for lunch, it's McRib season so I'm happy. I ordered, payed and stood waiting for my food, the manager brought me my food and I sat down ate and no one said anything. As I was leaving I noticed a no guns sign on the door. I hadn't seen it either time I had entered, but there it was. It only bothered me because I'd thought McDonald's Corporate policy was to abide by State and Federal law.

So when I got home i called them, they were very polite in letting me know that I was right and that they will inform the owners of their mistake. they also told me that if I was ever confronted by an employee that I should let them know that I had talked to corporate.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm working in East Chicago this week and yesterday I stopped in at Mickey D's for lunch, it's McRib season so I'm happy. I ordered, payed and stood waiting for my food, the manager brought me my food and I sat down ate and left. No one said anything. Today I stopped in at Mickey D's for lunch, it's McRib season so I'm happy. I ordered, payed and stood waiting for my food, the manager brought me my food and I sat down ate and no one said anything. As I was leaving I noticed a no guns sign on the door. I hadn't seen it either time I had entered, but there it was. It only bothered me because I'd thought McDonald's Corporate policy was to abide by State and Federal law.

So when I got home i called them, they were very polite in letting me know that I was right and that they will inform the owners of their mistake. they also told me that if I was ever confronted by an employee that I should let them know that I had talked to corporate.

That's rep worthy. But, i can't rep you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    First, to set the stage, I have to say I was carrying IWB at 8oclock in jeans and a polo. Not obvious unless you are paying attention or are to my left. The cashier is to my right at this establishment.

Was outta beer so I stopped by my usual liquor store. Not to sound like a lush, but they all know my face. (its on the way home so pretty much the only place I buy beer... have for years.) Well, today, all but one; a new girl.

I walk in and two of the regular older long time guys are there stocking. We exchange the usual pleasantries as I walk by and grab my 12. I walk up and start to pay and notice the two guys are giving new girl a hard time. Apparently she put one of those cheap retractable box cutters in her back pocket and sat down, cutting her butt when it extended. We all had a nice but brief conversation about forgetting things in our back pockets.

I turned to walk away to my right, and she comes out from behind the counter to my left to talk to the others. I take two steps and I hear her put out a loud shocked gasp. One of the guys says "what?" By this time I'm halfway out the door and I think the two guys are saying something to the effect of "well yeah... he's in all the time and *almost always has it." in a "whats the big deal" tone. (*I only OC when I cant cover it...)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To walmart and then around the hood on a walk with the family. On the latter...

As we were standing playing with Mr Whiskers (our name, friendly feral cat) and Simon (neighbor whom we dont know personally's cat), Simon's owner was out walking with whom I presume is her dad and toddler niece. They approach from my strong side and ask from a distance if Simon followed us. We said "yeah, Simon finds us all OVER the block."

As she got closer, her eyes looked down and saw my Glock. Her attitude changed slightly and she gave me the old stink-eye. Which I find odd because as I recall she is a Sheriffs Deputy. Guess she is one of those "one for me but not for thee" types. :dunno:

I also got the feeling she was slightly annoyed we were petting/playing with her cat. Which is ironic that she lets him out to run the neighborhood.

Last edited:

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I did today when I was getting ready to go out. And then I put a shirt on and covered it up.. The neighbors were appreciative that I covered up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Went to the Porter County Gun Show and had to disarm to enter their gun free zone.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Rickers. Guy was sitting in his car out front, speaking to one of the Rickers employees. I walked to the door, and he yelled "Like this guy right here!"

I looked over, she told him I'm a good guy, and he tells me, "Man I'm just explaining to her that she needs to get a gun! She says she's scared to hold one."

Talked very briefly. Guess I walked by at just the right time to be an example :P

Top Bottom