• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Went to Plainfield and OC'd in Dicks Sporting Goods,Yankee Candle,Stride Rite,ToysRUs,Culvers. Went into Guns but had a jacket on. My son bought a nice never shot used LC9 for $288.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Took my coat off at Culvers for lunch. I don't know if anybody noticed but I went to the counter for a fork then later to the restroom OCing.
    Culver's is very carry friendly. When the Madison 5 thing happened in WI earlier this year, Culver's welcomed them and a lot more Wisconsin Carry members back to that restaurant the following week.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Culver's is very carry friendly. When the Madison 5 thing happened in WI earlier this year, Culver's welcomed them and a lot more Wisconsin Carry members back to that restaurant the following week.

Nice to know! We visit the Plainfield Culvers entirely too often (mmmmmm.... Butter Burgers). I've never had an issue there. Got offered a LE discount once, but declined. The "I'm not a cop" response got a blank stare from the teenage girl at the register for a second, but that's it.

Sounds like a good spot for a meet-n-greet.

Shive.Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greenwood/Whiteland
    PNC bank in Franklin to withdrawal the money to pay a speeding ticket. Removed while paying the speeding ticket at Franklin County Court(unsure as to the correct laws regarding carrying in such a location, but wasn't gonna risk it). Promptly strapped back up as soon as I left there, and carried around the house until my wife got home and then I went to Kroger in New Whiteland, and then to Walgreens to pick up a prescription for my wife. Didn't notice anybody gawking or making comments.
    I might add, I was carrying a new-to-me 1911 that I have only carried once before. Aside from the dramatic weight increase from my Glock 19 that I have been used to carrying, it was rather nice.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Laundromat in Plymouth tonight. No one there but me and the wife. Get to exercise my dryer repair skills tomorrow.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Went back to Discount Tire today to get my new tires installed. A guy who was also waiting for his car asked me if I was a cop. I told him I was just a regular guy who had a LTCH, and it turned into about 30 minutes of talking about guns, how to get a LTCH, where and when you can carry. Overall, a really good experience. He genuinely was curious about it and said he might get his LTCH.

This is where it gets interesting. After I left there, I headed down the road to a local ammo shop to look for some .44 mag ammo. I walked up to the door and the little sign said "CLOSED", but the store hours said open till 5:30. I decided to try the door, and it happened to be open, but there was a steel gate locked just inside the door. Then I heard some "beeping" noises coming from inside. Yup, I had tripped the alarm. 30 seconds later, the alarm goes off. I just headed to my car and sat there to wait for the cops to show. I figured the owner would want to know it was just me rather than someone actually trying to break in. The cops showed up after 7 minutes, and I told them what happened. I never got out of my car, so they didn't see me OCing. They took my info, said "Thanks" and I was on my way.

Interesting day.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Went back to Discount Tire today to get my new tires installed. A guy who was also waiting for his car asked me if I was a cop. I told him I was just a regular guy who had a LTCH, and it turned into about 30 minutes of talking about guns, how to get a LTCH, where and when you can carry. Overall, a really good experience. He genuinely was curious about it and said he might get his LTCH.

This is where it gets interesting. After I left there, I headed down the road to a local ammo shop to look for some .44 mag ammo. I walked up to the door and the little sign said "CLOSED", but the store hours said open till 5:30. I decided to try the door, and it happened to be open, but there was a steel gate locked just inside the door. Then I heard some "beeping" noises coming from inside. Yup, I had tripped the alarm. 30 seconds later, the alarm goes off. I just headed to my car and sat there to wait for the cops to show. I figured the owner would want to know it was just me rather than someone actually trying to break in. The cops showed up after 7 minutes, and I told them what happened. I never got out of my car, so they didn't see me OCing. They took my info, said "Thanks" and I was on my way.

Interesting day.
    In whose judgement?:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom