Not open for further replies.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been OC'in for about a week now.

The only place I have had someone say anything was at menards(38th&highschool rd)

The guy was walking past and had to move my cart. He said something as a joke about him squeezing by and me having my gun. All I said is you have nothing to worry about.

In the past week I have been to:

Walmart on Lafayette road
    PepBoys on lafayette road
    Mijer in Carmel and on 38th&george town area
    Menards
    Taco Bell
    Home Depot
    Marsh

Other than the dude a menards no one has said a word to me.

southin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Southern IN.
    Not posted in awhile, but I'm finding myself carrying everywhere I go. What determines oc/cc for me is the weather and my state of dress. If it's covered, fine, if it's not, well that's fine too.
    Grocery store, Home Improv. stores, gas stations, the bank, you name it, I carry. Period.
    This time of year, obviously I OC most everywhere. I'm not going to be uncomfortable to make others more so. I do find myself being more attentive to folks around me when I oc, but I've had no issues from anyone at this point. Some odd looks yes, and people talking "at" me while looking at the weapon instead of me, but oh well, now I know how women feel when we talk to their chests LOL. Even saw a sherrif buddy I went to school with at the local Gander a few weeks back and he asked if I'd had any problems. I said nope, not yet. He grinned, handed me a card and said "if you do, call me".

Can't say if I've run into any officers besides him, but if I have, they were'nt concerned enough to make themselves known.

Can't wait for the funds to stash up enough for a new GP100. :)

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I have had more people notice me OCing today then any other day. My phone and internet have been acting up so the Comcast guy came over. He was working outside a while then came in to check the modem. I started to leave to run some errands when he looked at me pointed to my gun and said, "Nice life insurance."
    I said "Thanks."

I walked out to the car with my daughter and started to put her in her car seat and a women from a few houses down came walking by said, "Is that a real gun?"
    I said ,"Yes."
    She said, "Are you a cop?"
    I said, "No."
    She said, "Oh, just askin'."

I went on to Wal-Mart and did some shopping. I checked out and as I left the you-stole-something alarm went off (I didn't.) The greeter took my receipt and walked off somewhere while I waited. A guy in a National Guard uniform came in the door and looked at me. He came over to me bent at the waist a bit and raised his sun glasses up a to look at my weapon. He said, "Uh, Springfield?"
    I said, "No, it's a Colt."
    He said, "Oh, combat hammer, adjustable trigger, looks nice. I don't see many people carrying Colts any more."
    We both chuckled and continued to talk about guns until the greeter came back with my receipt and said I could go.

That was three comments in less the two hours.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OC at the Capri movie theater in Crawfordsville today.
    I saw Land of the Lost. It was stupid funny!:lmfao:

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Add Rural King in Kokomo to the list and half moon brewery in Kokomo as well.

Great clips in 86st traders point, one customer took a long look.

not a +/- word from anyone.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was all over again today. Kokomo, westfield and the northwest area of indy. No one said a thing.

I did go into taco bell on 86th and michigan road. There were 3 state troopers having lunch. Only one looked and didn't say a word.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Just started the OC but for 3 days now I'v strolled St Joe. county and havn't gotten any more than a look or 2, heres a few places I have been in my area.
    Advance auto parts "Mckinley and ireland", fizollis"mckinley", jimmy johns"ireland", discount tire"grape rd.", Mcdonalds"grape" , shoe carnival, Some big clothes store and walked the whole plaza deal with the G/F between Main and Grape, office max "laminate G/F's LTCH" Menards on Ireland and various gas stations, most of which has been done in my doorless jeep.
    I really thought it would draw Attn. I have now decided these people don't care, or I am more thinking they have blinders on cuz I don't think but a few people have even taken notice...I had a uniformed officer hold the door at advanced for me, I thought he was there "to get me" but he simply held the door and walked in "I really don't think he noticed either" wierd..... I'm still waiting for my first shake down =)

Taipan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Greenfield, IN
    I've been OC'ing in Greenfield for months now, and finally had a person say something. He asked how long I had been a cop. I, of course, corrected him saying that I was just a licensed citizen. I suppose I can understand his mistake. I shave my head, and always have on my aviator sun glasses.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    "(hope this is this kinda thread, other wise let me know and I'll edit this and move it)"
    Ok, my first shakedown =)
    I was in Menards on Main St. walked all around collected up all the stuff I needed, went like my OC has been"not a word or look"
    Got ready to check out, the cashier was a very young looking kid, he rand me up and as I reached for my wallet it must have drawn his Attn. that direction to the paddle holster on my right hip.
    this is a general of the convo. from there "I noted it but not much as I was not dealing with any more than a young inquirer.
    His face changes a bit he sais " are you a cop"
    I said "nope"
    him"then why do you have a gun?
    me" just in case, you never know these days
    him "a puzzled look
    me" she carries one to =) "pointing at my girlfreind" and so could you.
    me" how old are you?
    he sais 18 "a very young 18 I would say" and tells me he don't "he or me I'm sure he was thinkin"" think he can carrie a gun.
    I lauphed and quickly gave him a rundown of how it works.
    him" well I don't need a gun all I need is a bat!!
    me" well ok but what happens when he has a gun?
    him" *puzzled look* well in that case I'll just run like hell
    I smiled big and nodded
    he went on to tell me about shooting a few birds with his Crossman pellet gun and about shooting a freind of his' .22
    by this point he was pretty excited as if I were on a real cool dirtbike or something.
    "he followed me half way to the door asking what kind and so forth "he sais""is that a colt .45"
    I said no its a beretta 9mm
    he sais russian? I said no italian "knowing that we were to the point of random questions" I worked my way out of the store.
    now.... I'm not big on chatting about the gun in public, I don't want it to be taken as, well ,you guys know......... however it's not like I unholstered it or nothin funny. I did go from shirt over, to complete OC to show the kid. I liked his smile, he was nice and as my girlfreind said as we left "he's just a babie" ment in the best way of course.
    He would have probly not said anything to an older person but I think the reason he asked if I was a cop and continued on with me is because I look pretty young, "21" probly felt comfortable asking.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Went to Wal-Mart in Schererville, no problems till I went to load my car with the top soil bags I purchased. The young male Wal-Mart associate who helps people load their cars asked if I was an officer. I replied, "No, I'm just a Hoosier." Turns out he isn't, he lives in Illinois. Long story short, I discussed with him the Indiana laws on carry, and he soon realized the people in Illinois were screwed since they can't protect themselves. Told him to buy a knife and duck.

Why would you suggest that he buy a duck?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom