Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have a feeling my license will be here soon... so I'm getting excited to OC. Got any pics of your OC setup? Trying to choose a nice, but affordable, side-holster...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    OC'd all day.

PapaRoux for lunch, Indiana Members, Wally World on 31 (while buying 4 WWB), the BMV then back home.

Will be in CC mode over the weekend as I'll be driving in KY, TN and GA.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    OC'd all day.

PapaRoux for lunch, Indiana Members, Wally World on 31 (while buying 4 WWB), the BMV then back home.

Will be in CC mode over the weekend as I'll be driving in KY, TN and GA.

You OCd at the BMV? I thought they had a no firearms rule there.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    You OCd at the BMV? I thought they had a no firearms rule there.

It's certainly not illegal to carry there. I've never been asked to leave either. I've been there a few times to register all 3 vehicles over the last few months.

I've been to the Valpo and Crown Point branch with no issues.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It's certainly not illegal to carry there. I've never been asked to leave either. I've been there a few times to register all 3 vehicles over the last few months.

That is surprising, I would assume it was a "govt building" and thus be off-limits to carry...

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Interesting... in Indy I do believe they have signs posted. I'm not sure whether it's a law or a "rule".

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Got a haircut at Great Clips today.
    She asked, "Are you a cop?"
    Me: "No."
    "Detective?"
    Me: "No." :cool:
    Then she looked directly at my XD...
    I let her off the hook and explained that with a handgun license we could carry however we choose here in Indiana. She did not know that but thought it was cool and asked how much it cost. I explained the lifetime LTCH for $125. She thought that was a pretty good deal.

She was new.;)

Also a couple fireworks stores, Big R and Wal-Mart.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have a feeling my license will be here soon... so I'm getting excited to OC. Got any pics of your OC setup? Trying to choose a nice, but affordable, side-holster...
    Depends on what you have. I carry a Glock and use the Glock sport holster. Good retention and the holster completely covers the trigger and trigger guard. Retail stores have them for around 29 dollars. Saw them in Cheaper Than Dirt magazine for just over 12 dollars.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A camper sales lot, looking at little tear drop campers to tow behind our Hunday. Or maybe an Aliner. Not that we have two pennies to rub together to buy one, but it's free fun to go pretend :D

Then into Pearson Sports.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    well went into the bank for the first time ocing today not a word,next to wal-mart same thing there and then on to buy some fireworks no one said a word or took off running and screaming lol

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Mainstreet resturaunt again for supper, the video store, and shopped around Walmart for groceries for about an hour, nothing but ho hum here again. No bad guys, LEO problems or big dilemas of any kind. No one needed any education speeches or any thing. It all seemed pretty much under control and mundane.

I really don't think it's post worthy so this will probably be my last time logging in here on the mountain out of a mole hill thread.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Mainstreet resturaunt again for supper, the video store, and shopped around Walmart for groceries for about an hour, nothing but ho hum here again. No bad guys, LEO problems or big dilemas of any kind. No one needed any education speeches or any thing. It all seemed pretty much under control and mundane.

I really don't think it's post worthy so this will probably be my last time logging in here on the mountain out of a mole hill thread.

I think the overwhelming "nothing happened" nature of most all OC's is, in fact, the point of this thread. It sooths people getting ready to try OC'ing, and gives them a little much needed confidence. It's the same reason I also post in the "where'd you CC" thread, which I suspect was actually a smart alec, passive aggressive anti-OC response to this one. However, it's actually evolved to serve the same useful purpose this thread does, soothing the frazzled nerves of a new or first time gun carrier who feels like they are being followed by a spotlight everywhere they go. I don't make daily posts in them. Once or twice a week seems plenty.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Honestly, reading some of these is what gives me a bit more confidence for when I finally get my license and decide to OC somewhere. The reactions, how to handle situations, and what to expect... all really help.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Honestly, reading some of these is what gives me a bit more confidence for when I finally get my license and decide to OC somewhere. The reactions, how to handle situations, and what to expect... all really help.

It will help you to start in places you already frequent and they've gotten to know you. I eased into it by being lightly concealed with a jacket, and then taking it off when I sat down with my gun side facing the inside of the booth at various fast food places I frequent on the weekends. I've gone full OC since then and it's been fine so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom