Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't carry outside your apartment unless it's something like a balcony or other property that goes to your apartment and ONLY your apartment. Common areas, like hallways, walkways, etc., are NOT your property, and you are not exempt from the need for a LTCH there.

What about while walking to the mailbox to get the permit? :P

Yeh I was fitting new belt holster while around the place, and had to take trash out.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What about while walking to the mailbox to get the permit? :P

Yeh I was fitting new belt holster while around the place, and had to take trash out.

If a neighbor who doesn't like guns calls the police and complains, you can kiss that permit goodbye :( You aren't legal outside your apartment.

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    I have only open carried a few times and today my first time in a while, I was asked to leave Marsh. just ran in to grab a few items but did not make it very far.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have only open carried a few times and today my first time in a while, I was asked to leave Marsh. just ran in to grab a few items but did not make it very far.
    That sucks. I have OC'd in Marsh here in Indy on Stop 11 and haven't had any problems. Did they ban you or just tell you not to come in carrying, read OC'ing?

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    They did not ban me, but told me i could not carry a gun into the store. The whole store was in an up roar like it was a huge deal going on. kind of made a big scene for nothing. Got the attention of all the employees and alot of shoppers. I don't think i am going to OC for awhile. It was kind of embarrasing.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They did not ban me, but told me i could not carry a gun into the store. The whole store was in an up roar like it was a huge deal going on. kind of made a big scene for nothing. Got the attention of all the employees and alot of shoppers. I don't think i am going to OC for awhile. It was kind of embarrasing.
    Sorry to hear that. Did you explain to them that carrying is legal, moral, ethical, and responsible, and that they won't be getting your money if you have to give up your rights in order to shop in their store?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

When you decide to try it again, I'd be glad to join you at the same Marsh. We could stage a dozen people and have one (seemingly unrelated) person enter the store OC every 15 minutes or so. We could bring coolers and make a day of it. That would be fun.:naughty:

Sorry about the bad experience but try to let the embarrasment remain on them. You were simply exercising your right.:yesway:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    When you decide to try it again, I'd be glad to join you at the same Marsh. We could stage a dozen people and have one (seemingly unrelated) person enter the store OC every 15 minutes or so. We could bring coolers and make a day of it. That would be fun.:naughty:

Sorry about the bad experience but try to let the embarrasment remain on them. You were simply exercising your right.:yesway:

that would be fun. the poster is in anderson, thats not too far for me. nothing makes the sheeple nervous like a condition 1 1911.:ar15::ar15:

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    Since they have already warned me once what is the law as far as me going right back in and doing it again. To answer the other question, I did not even get a chance to explain the law,myself or anything else. They were not going to listen to me. I guess i did look really nervous though when I went in though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    In that case, I'd suggest going in and speaking to someone in charge. In the end, it's their choice... but at least know that you did try to explain the law to them.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

I was thinking it'd be interesting to get 5 or 6 people to go and and do their normal shopping, and then OC at the checkout only. I wonder how they'd feel when they see ~$500 of groceries that they won't sell and have to restock.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    This is not nearly as cool of an approach, but I just got on their website and sent them an email explaining (kindly and controlled) the situation and what I think about it. I asked them why he was being punished for being lawful and responsible. I also asked if they did not support our right to protecting ourselves and our families? Just thought maybe a few more emails might help the cause? It doesn't take long.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Went to Mcdonalds for breakfast ran into a retired deputy sheriff I know who was having breakfast with his kids. Two dirtbags pull up in a beat up one ton chevy with a trailer full o junk parking in the drive thru lane as I depart my friend I notice DB1 with his back to a wall real nervous and DB2 is ordering for him. He would not come off that wall after he noticed my G23 then went outside I ordered my food and filling up my beverage when DB2 askes "what do you do for a living gunslinger my friend noticed your packing" my first thought was to respond with why does he have warrents but I thought better of that and instead said I'm just exercising my 2nd ammendment freedom. He said I used to do that but not anymore and he goes out to the truck, I leave with the intention of going to the range and letting some lead fly but I my phone rings and I end up laying sod all day.:ugh:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Witch Marsh store in Anderson? I live close to the one on Broadway and I have an inside connection to the management team. (My wife) She would most definately told me about this. Then again we have been on vacation the last week.

While on vacation OC'd Marsh in Warsaw, Palenstine Lake while fishing, bait shop, loading dock, ect. OC'd at Indiana Beach, golfing, and at the Monticello Walmart. Keep in mind IWB G19 but shirt was tucked in.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Yesterday at the Marsh in south Indy to get supplies for a pool party that turned into a garage party. Stupid rain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom