Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow, I guess I this thread still hasn't recovered from the post office train wreck....OC spotted in Westfield Walmart, and it wasn't just me catching a glimps of myself in the mirror this time. Younger guy carrying an RIA full size 1911

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Alright. You've brought my wrath.

You sons of britches, gosh darnit... NO ONE HAS SPOTTED ME YET.

You best get your falcon bums out there and post about seeing me OC.

For shoot sake.

Stan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Saw a guy in Walmart OC'ing in Spencer in looked like an off duty fire fighter.

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    BW3 on Ireland in South Bend,...probably not intentional OC, more like very sloppy CC, I could easily see that it was an Xd.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Saw a guy at the New China Buffet in South Bend. He was carrying a full size pistol in some sort of holster clipped inside his pocket. The entire grip was hanging out of his pocket.

I commented to him "It's nice to see other people carrying." He agreed and that was it.

I was OC at the time as well.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Saw a guy in AT&T store by Kids R Us on south side of Indy. He looked about 16 according to my wife :)

AT&T is ridiculous to charge me $36 to sign a 2-year contract. Quick call to 611 and it was waived. Yay.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw a man at Meijer on Southport & Emerson in Indianapolis CCing in a shoulder holster under an unbuttoned dress shirt. I didn't say anything, he and his wife looked like they were on a mission.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    My goodness, I have NEVER seen so many people OC'ing than I have this past week.

In the Best Buy in Greenwood (within an hour span)...
    I saw a middle-aged man carrying a polymer frame compact of some kind (XD or Glock, at quick glance).
    I acknowledged he was carrying and told him thank you; he said he never leaves home without it. :rockwoot:

Another guy probably in his early 30's was OC'ing a full size Glock.
    We talked for a few minutes about carrying and I asked him if he's ever had any bad experiences OC'ing, he said no.
    Also stated he was a Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer, and his now working Security... and has always OC'ed.

Carry on, folks! :rockwoot:

Mglii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Last fellow Oc'er I remember seeing was at the Gander Mountain in Hobart a few months back. I only remember this person because he was buying a belt because, his paddle rig was pulling down his pants.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Last fellow Oc'er I remember seeing was at the Gander Mountain in Hobart a few months back. I only remember this person because he was buying a belt because, his paddle rig was pulling down his pants.

Did the person have on a gray or blue shirt (usually what I wear) had a short crew cut hair cut, glasses, glock and was with a brunette/red highlights female? If so that was me, I went in there and spoke with a store employee about a belt because my leather (non-gun belt) wasn't cutting it anymore. If it was me, it was not a paddle but a serpa in belt config and I was explaining that my cheap belt had developed a sag and looking for a solution.

Last edited:

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    I was at the local mall here a few weeks ago and saw two older gentlemen OCing sitting in the main central crossroads of the mall with their families I'm assuming. I was CCing (as I always do). I wanted to go up to them and be like, youre carrying! I'm carrying too!!! I however, did not. I just quietly went about my way without any mention of firearms.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was at the local mall here a few weeks ago and saw two older gentlemen OCing sitting in the main central crossroads of the mall with their families I'm assuming. I was CCing (as I always do). I wanted to go up to them and be like, youre carrying! I'm carrying too!!! I however, did not. I just quietly went about my way without any mention of firearms.

That sounds like the best course of action.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Yesterday in Avon Walmart. Glock in a Safariland level III retention holster on right side and horizontal dual mag carrier on right.

I'm pretty certain he wasn't a LEO and am curious if he is a member here. I was in the sporting goods area picking up some hunting supplies and didn't get the chance to talk to him. I wasn't about to go out of my way and bug him either.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Saw a neighbor on my block OCing a subcompact on his right hip while mowing his lawn. I gave him a friendly wave but was in a hurry or else I would have stopped and said hi. It's nice to know you have neighbors who are on the same page as you when it comes to guns.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Couple of days ago at Lowes in Anderson. 1911 in drop leg holster, young guy with his dad I assume. Looks like a lot of work just to carry but to each his own.

Top Bottom