Where do i get stocks for a Mini Draco SBR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which stock is best

• Total voters

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I am looking for preferably a folding stock, but i want the kind that you drill and tap the holes for. So where do i find these, i have been looking and can't seem to find anything that doesn't require changing the trunnion. Anyone have any suggestions?

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    most of the drill and tap ones are made by ace and then you add a non ak looking stock

if you want somthing that remotely looks like its any kind of factory on an ak you pretty much have some trunnion work

the only thing that i think can be done with little work is a vz-58 folder but im not positive about this

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Easiest, most common, and pretty decent is an Ace folder with either an Ace or Stormwerkz folder mechanism. Drill and tap two holes in the back of the receiver is all that is required.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I am going the fixed collapsible stock route. I am just using what is called a pignose and screwing in a receiver extension off of an AR so that I can put a Magpul CTR on it.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Let me ask you this drakkula, what kind of look are you going for? Do you want to keep a traditional AK look or are you looking to go more of modern tactical look?

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    The rear trunion on the mini draco and the regular ones are pretty much the same. I am pondering installing a left side charging handle sometime down the road so I decided not to go with a folder. If you are not concerned with the look of a traditional ak, you can put ANY stock from an AR on it or any of the ACE or triangle folders. here is a good video that shows stock options:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQmcBxy-GcM[/ame]

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    The rear trunion on the mini draco and the regular ones are pretty much the same. I am pondering installing a left side charging handle sometime down the road so I decided not to go with a folder. If you are not concerned with the look of a traditional ak, you can put ANY stock from an AR on it or any of the ACE or triangle folders. here is a good video that shows stock options:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQmcBxy-GcM

Nice video...talk about too many to choose from!:ar15:

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Problem with that video is that it is just a mock up. Many of them would need some massive work with new trunnions, especially the AK100/Triangle side folder stock. Even my favorite of a Romanian/Polish/East German wire side folder would require a different trunnion with different holes, cutting up the rear of the receiver.

My understanding is that some Dracos and most Draco-Cs have underfolder trunnions (my Draco-C does). You would still have to make the holes for the underfolder stock in the receiver sides. I bought the C as a carbine (permanent muzzle device attached) and it has the Ace side folder on it. For me, this is fine for now. I'll keep it as a folder when I get SBRed since I'll want as compact as rifle as possible.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    picture.php

get the ace folder regardless as it's the easiest thing in the world to install. Like matt says, anything else requires some serious work. If you do like the fixed stock look, you can mount the ace folder to a fixed stock with a little work. A folding wood stock, though unorthodox, is easier than replacing and riveting in a new rear trunion. That's an older picture of mine above. I'm an ace fan. It locks up solid. I've hear people sometimes have issues with the push button folder, but the ace O.G. works really well. i'll see if i can find a picture of that folding wood stock thing...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    CIMG9635.jpg

essentially you just cut off the portion of the stock flush that goes into the rear trunion. You then take 2 wood screws and attach the ace folder to the flush cut area. I personally think it looks pretty good.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    picture.php

get the ace folder regardless as it's the easiest thing in the world to install. Like matt says, anything else requires some serious work. If you do like the fixed stock look, you can mount the ace folder to a fixed stock with a little work. A folding wood stock, though unorthodox, is easier than replacing and riveting in a new rear trunion. That's an older picture of mine above. I'm an ace fan. It locks up solid. I've hear people sometimes have issues with the push button folder, but the ace O.G. works really well. i'll see if i can find a picture of that folding wood stock thing...

This is the style i'm leaning towards. Thanks for posting. Where is the best place to buy the parts?

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    I think I got the best price on my Ace stock at Midway. I got the folder mech from Stormwerkz. It is a few bucks cheaper and locks when closed.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    CIMG9635.jpg

essentially you just cut off the portion of the stock flush that goes into the rear trunion. You then take 2 wood screws and attach the ace folder to the flush cut area. I personally think it looks pretty good.
    I was thinking of going under folder for my next Draco, but that looks awesome!

Top Bottom