• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Two reasons. If someone has one they love it and will never let it go.

Other reason is they are now old and collectable. People pay big money to add them to their collection especially if they have any police roll marks.

The model 17 is the original Glock.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    The ONLY Glock that ever fit my hand and felt comfortable was the original Gen 1. I know they are very rare, so I have been on the lookout for a beat-up Gen 2 that I can modify. I had a Gen 2 Glock 23 for many years and it kinda fit my hand. I sold it when I consolidated calibers and got rid of all my .40 stuff. If I had kept it, it would have been modified to better fit my hand.

The Gen 3 and Gen 4 absolutely do not feel comfortable to me. They are nice looking pistols, and because of this, I would have a very hard time using a sander to smooth out the grip. Especially on a new $500 pistol.

I am not on the book of faces, so that option is out. My next stop will be to post a WTB thread. I was just curious why a couple of years ago, we seemed to be awash in used Glocks and now, they are very hard to come by?

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I sold a Gen 2 19 and a Gen 2 23 last year at a gun show. They didn't stay on the table very long. I had already upgraded all my Glocks to Gen 3's. Can't stand the Gen 4's. I can see the love for a Gen 2, they feel very nice in the hand.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I just picked up a police trade-in Gen 2 G17 from AIM Surplus a few weeks ago. I had been on a lookout for one for a little while and apparently had selected "notify me when I'm stock" who knows how long ago. A few weeks ago, I was just minding my own business out to dinner with a couple friends and I happened to look at my email to show one of them an old message, and lo and behold, an AIM email. Had no idea what it was about, but it said "your recent product inquiry" so it caught my attention. Bought it on the spot that evening, and they were sold out when I checked again at noon-ish the next day.

Not it to rub it in, but so far, it's been awesome! Pretty decent condition as well. The gun shop said it was nicer than any of the trade-ins he'd seen through his shop lately.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I sold a Gen 2 19 and a Gen 2 23 last year at a gun show. They didn't stay on the table very long. I had already upgraded all my Glocks to Gen 3's. Can't stand the Gen 4's. I can see the love for a Gen 2, they feel very nice in the hand.

Funny, because to me the gen 4 Glock is the only one that feels like a real gun. It's mature. The other ones just feel like crap to me. Even the gen 3s (which I have) and comparing it to the gen 4.. It's like the gun progressed 20 years.. And 100 year progression from the gen 1 and 2s. Everyone has their own preferences and reasons though. Not knocking yours. Just saying.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    CP. It was a police trade in from keislers I bought it in 1997 when I worked in a gun shop here in town. It has a retention holster mark on the slide. Finish ha a good patina. I have well over 25,000 rounds out of it. Runs like a champ.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I was originally looking for a Gen 2 G19 but everyone was wanting $450 or so for them, I was not going to pay over $400 for one. I ended up buying a new Gen4 G19 from our local LE Glock Dealer for the Blue Label price of $455 with night sights. I could not get myself to pay for a Gen 2 for the price I could get a Gen 4.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was originally looking for a Gen 2 G19 but everyone was wanting $450 or so for them, I was not going to pay over $400 for one. I ended up buying a new Gen4 G19 from our local LE Glock Dealer for the Blue Label price of $455 with night sights. I could not get myself to pay for a Gen 2 for the price I could get a Gen 4.

Is there still sales tax on top of the Blue Label price?

Top Bottom