• ...and so much more!
  • dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Mine:rockwoot:
    seriously. Sometimes I'l make one with pesto and vine or Roma tomatoes, satay some baby portabellas........... And so on:D

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Sal's pizza 103st and Broadway, NYC (moved from 96st and Broadway many years ago). A stand up joint (in the sense of being very narrow). This was pizza that didn't need anchovies, beef and pineapple to have flavor. The flavor was in the cheese and sauce. When you folded it (you had to fold it or it would flop down-see the opening for Louis C.K.s show) the buttery oil would run down the fold and drip..OMG! Fugeddaboudit.
    Years ago, Luca pizza approached this. Most NYC pizza was that good, but Sal's was a bit better. The price went from .25 to $2/slice over the years. The first pizza I remember in NYC was in the '50's off a truck. This stuff was foreign to us and we had to Bart Simpson mom to get us some. We all (kids) had diarrhea that night......mom chuckled.

Last edited:

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Tony Impellizzeri's Pizza in New Albany on Charlestown Road. Best pizza I have had and I have been eating it for 20 years. The bread sticks are the best in existence.

BuckeyeBrad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    THE Ville
    I hear from many friends that the Ordinary in Wanamaker and the Willard in Franklin have the best around. I have yet to try either though. So for me I will have to say Mug 'N Pye out in Monrovia.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Had one at the Ordinary. Wasn't anything special in my opinion. Crust was like those fundraisers buy for schools, etc. They piled the toppings on insanely high. Kind of like the bigger the tenderloin, the better it tastes theory.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Best I have had in the area, the New Albanian (formally called Rich-O's) in New Albany, off Grantline road near the Krogers. Insane beer list from all over the world, and great pizza to go with.

Best I have ever eaten, some little hole in the wall place across from the airport in Miami. They made their own crust and sauce and it was surpurb. I need to fly down there just to get one if they are still open.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    +1 Bruno's in Logansport. I could eat that every darn day. I haven't found anything in Indy that even comes close. Too bad I'm 2 hours away now. But when I do get it, it tastes oh so good.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    +1 Bruno's in Logansport. I could eat that every darn day. I haven't found anything in Indy that even comes close. Too bad I'm 2 hours away now. But when I do get it, it tastes oh so good.

Is Bruno's that shack just east of the one way streets?

Top Bottom