• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I carry a G17 w/ light in a Safariland holster, and a G27 concealed in apocket holster most of the time, and I use a plain 5.11 Operator belt of 1.75in thickness, with the polymer insert, that I got for about $40 at the Greenwood Gander Mtn. It supports the weight of 2 guns with ease and has not really weathered at all.

Only downside is that while very functional it's not very stylish, so I've been looking into some of the 5.11 leather belts for the occasions that require me to be a little more dressed up.

On a tight budget while I was still looking for a true gunbelt, I did make do with some of the thicker belts that Tractor Supply Co. carries, they at least take several times more abuse than anything you'll find at Walmart or Kohls and such for about the same ~$20 price tag.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Well thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up picking up a nice heavy belt from one of the local farm supply stores for now. Gonna look into adding one of the nicer ones mentioned here for more dress attire as well.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I got an Ares from the Raven booth at the 1500 - I am very impressed. They use heavy duty scuba nylon and climbing fasteners, making their belts stiffer and more secure than anything I've ever tried, but they still look like pretty normal nylon belts.

They're definitely expensive, and if you don't get one at a show there is currently a 4 week wait to get one, but they're by far the best I've come across.

Gear, Training, Consulting, & Necessary Evils

Look for the Ares Gear Ranger belt. It is a bit pricey but considering you are hanging several hundred dollars worth of gear off of it, I wouldn't do it any other way.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    There are only two that I would recommend:

Beltman (beltman.com)

Wilderness Instructor Belts - I Prefer the polymer reinforced (thewilderness.com)

With either of these two belts, you'll never need another one.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Oldfaithfulholsters.com.Com sells a kit for 40 dollars. That's basically cost. You would then need to die, burnish (finish the edges), and seal it. You can also save money if you post on their "forum" for about ten percent off.

I don't trust myself enough to get the belt blanks to glue properly, so I'm probably going this route. It also doesn't hurt that I have everything to finish it either.

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I got an Ares from the Raven booth at the 1500 - I am very impressed. They use heavy duty scuba nylon and climbing fasteners, making their belts stiffer and more secure than anything I've ever tried, but they still look like pretty normal nylon belts.

They're definitely expensive, and if you don't get one at a show there is currently a 4 week wait to get one, but they're by far the best I've come across.

I would have to give my vote to Ares belts. Very well made and extremely stiff. If you don;t need leather and can afford it, I would go with Ares, you won;t be disappointed. Plus, the give a discount to military and law enforcement.

Top Bottom