• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdubbs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Dearborn County
    Anybody have any recommendations on any places to get lead shot reasonably, now or past. Online is expensive. I travel from frequently south of 74 and east of 65. Also go up to Muncie some times. Stockpile is starting to get low and looking for 8 or 7 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Anybody have any recommendations on any places to get lead shot reasonably, now or past. Online is expensive. I travel from frequently south of 74 and east of 65. Also go up to Muncie some times. Stockpile is starting to get low and looking for 8 or 7 1/2.

We have thousands of pounds of shot, but the prices have gone up significantly in the last couple years.
    Lawrence brand is $60.75 plus tax for 25#
    Eagle brand is $57.95 plus tax for 25#
    We have plenty of both in 7 1/2 and 8.

We also have some pull down shot for $46.73 plus tax, but we are out of 7 1/2 and 8 shot in the pull down.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland

I've seen some frequently at Atterbury Shooting Complex. No idea what their prices are.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I need educated. What is pull down shot? What makes it different from regular shot?
    They are recovered from ammunition that is disassembled and the components are recovered and reused. They are typically more likely to be a little less uniform in shape and might have a small percentage of a different shot size mixed in with them.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The Clay Shooting range here has recycled shot in 55 gallon barrels from where they scrape off the top 4 inches of soil and run them through a sorter. I wouldn't say it would be what you want to shoot competitions with, but it makes good practice/shoot-em-up rounds...

Jdubbs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Dearborn County
    I called ludco a few weeks ago and he didn’t answer or return my call. His voicemail mentioned he’s been under the weather. I’ll try again sometime.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Not exactly a lot of help but you can look.. ankle weights in antique shops/second hand stores and garage sales. I’ve bought several at garage sales auctions.. guess what’s inside. Lead shot and usually really cheap. Just trying to help

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    The Clay Shooting range here has recycled shot in 55 gallon barrels from where they scrape off the top 4 inches of soil and run them through a sorter. I wouldn't say it would be what you want to shoot competitions with, but it makes good practice/shoot-em-up rounds...
    What range is this?

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    You might also check Indiana Gun Club in Fortville/Fishers on your next trip to Muncie. It’s about 10-15 minutes off of 69, but would be worth it if they have what you need.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    You might also check Indiana Gun Club in Fortville/Fishers on your next trip to Muncie. It’s about 10-15 minutes off of 69, but would be worth it if they have what you need.

Indiana Gun Club is selling chilled shot for $45 per bag plus tax. Your choice - 7 1/2, 8, or 9.
    Located near Geist Reservoir in Fishers just south of 116th street

Top Bottom