• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    308 die. I broke the only one that I had, didn't think far enough ahead to get extras. I would like to keep reloading today, but after calling around, I haven't found anywhere that stocks them yet. Anyone have any ideas? Looking for somewhere in N. Indy, Kokomo, Lafayette area.

--I plan on ordering some, but would like to keep reloading today.

Badly Bent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    308 die. I broke the only one that I had, didn't think far enough ahead to get extras. I would like to keep reloading today, but after calling around, I haven't found anywhere that stocks them yet. Anyone have any ideas? Looking for somewhere in N. Indy, Kokomo, Lafayette area.

just call RCBS and tell them yours broke. they will send you one free.... they sent me 5 in a package free.... always call RCBS for broken stuff they replace most everything for free....

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus

I'm not sure where you'd find any in stock. Do you have any other dies you can rob some pins out of? If not, I'd try to find someone with a universal decapping die in stock, or some kind reloader in your area that would give or lend you a decapping pin.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    just call RCBS and tell them yours broke. they will send you one free.... they sent me 5 in a package free.... always call RCBS for broken stuff they replace most everything for free....
    Yep. They stand behind their dies.

I'm loathe to admit this, but here goes. When I was getting into reloading, I was running some .357 out of a single-stage press. The decapping pin broke on my (purchased used) RCBS dies, but I didn't want to stop, so I went and found drill bit that was close enough, chucked it in and went back to it. After a while, the bit started falling out so I kept tightening the collet. Ended up buggering up the collet as well.

An email to RCBS asking how I would go about ordering one resulted in a new collet and package of dies, gratis.

That said, Plainfield Shooting Supplies may have some, I know they carry some RCBS equipment.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Depending where you live, I've got a few extra rcbs pins I can give you one of them. I've also got a universal decapping die you could borrow. I live in greenfield, if that's close shoot me a pm.

ForceTA308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    I appreciate the offer but I'm up in Kokomo, may be too much of a drive for these pins. I'll just have to give RCBS a call and wait for some to come in. I appreciate all of the help!

Badly Bent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    I appreciate the offer but I'm up in Kokomo, may be too much of a drive for these pins. I'll just have to give RCBS a call and wait for some to come in. I appreciate all of the help!

i wouldnt think there would be any wait to get them i would think they would be in stock... although i have been wrong before ;)

Top Bottom