• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I used APMEX at first and they are great BUT you pay a higher premium then at other places. I suggest strongly looking elsewhere when buying just to avoid their big shipping and silver markup.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I tried JMBullion recently. I will let you know when my silver arrives and how I like them. It is on delay with the buying frenzy. I will say that APMEX is good to deal with yet you will pay a bit more premium

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I tried JMBullion recently. I will let you know when my silver arrives and how I like them. It is on delay with the buying frenzy. I will say that APMEX is good to deal with yet you will pay a bit more premium

How much of a premium are you finding? For example, if you were to find 20 ounces of silver on a website different than APMEX how much of a difference in price would you be expecting to find. What's that margin you have in the back of your mind when you're looking at prices? For me when I've looked at the different website I thought APMEX was pretty reasonable, but if there's a much better deal out there then I'm happy to take a look at it. I read some interesting articles this morning about silver not having bottomed out yet. I think it's still going to go down some and when it goes down enough again, I'm going to buy some more.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I am so new to this that I don't know what a good or bad premium is! When I bought off of NWTM last time, they were asking about 28ish a silver one once round, plus 10 dollar shipping, so two rounds cost about 66 delivered to my door. Like I said, I don't know if that is good, bad, or average. What are your guys parameters on premium over spot price?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm on an email list and received this one this morning:
    5 Factors That Will Push Silver to $250 an Ounce - Money Morning
    I'm not trying to say this article is right or wrong, but it's interesting reading.

So when I read that some guy thinks silver will hit $250 per ounce I went APMEX to see what was on the shelves and I've never seen them so far out of stock. This is incredible just how low they are on silver.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I have ordered from Apmex and service was good. However, most on-line sales involve pricey shipping and an upcharge for CC use. What i did a while back was find a local Jeweller who also advertises "we buy gold/silver". He buys small lots frequently, does not stock bullion, and will order various bars regularly for clients.

By going to him regularly I have gotten to know him well. When silver spot was just under $24/ozt I ordered a couple 10 ozt bars and paid $28/ozt out the door. This was when almost no one had any in stock on-line and those that did had delayed shipping. When you figure CC fees and shipping, that is a good deal. He will also call once in a while when he has bought a decent amount from someone, small bars, Eagles, etc. Good to have a local source.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Good to have a local source.

I'd prefer to have a local source on everything if I could. I've been hearing some good things about a local store in particular and my next order will likely be with them.

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I've bought from eBay and paid WAY to much a few time and I've bought from silvertowne and paid over spot but not to bad. But I've also bought off eBay just like .02 over spot just gotta do a lot of hunting if u got the time.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I'd prefer to have a local source on everything if I could. I've been hearing some good things about a local store in particular and my next order will likely be with them.

Local is good for a lot of things and I usually try to buy local but I have found that at least around here I am better off going on the web. Most shops I know of around here and even closer to Indy are doing their best to rip people off right now.

Top Bottom