• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven't been in yet, but there's a pawn shop on Meridian just south of Fall Creek parkway that buys and sells guns. I've been meaning to stop in for a while now.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    You must be referring to "DOCK BROTHERS" large selection but WAY OVERPRICED!

I have gotten some decent deals at Docks, but that was some time back. I believe there was a family power struggle (or something like that) and the one that ended up with the shop immediately raised prices especially on guns. Not what it used to be, sigh

338sniper

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    Yeah, the guy that runs the place is an arrogant asshat. I was interested in some 7.62x39 ammo he had so I asked the price, he said $15 a box (wolf). I told him it was $5 a box at Walmart and he said guys around here will buy it, .223, and 9mm all day long regardless of price. Not sure who he is catering to, but doesn't sound like people that I'd sell to.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Avoid doc bros. as was stated the owner is a dick and knows very little about his inventory. If you like being swept with overpriced, beat up guns however, docs is your place.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Uh... there's this place called INGO. They have a classifieds section. Nice place.

Can't seem to find my maverick 88 on here.

I think the folks here being gun enthusiasts will tend to have guns with more modifications and thus higher prices.

I just want some base model stuff.

And I'd like to be able to walk into a place and look around.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yeah but it's full of gun flippers. :dunno:
    Uh you mean Like gun shops do? LOL
    i don't see what peoples problem with free market is. They'll go get cents on the dollar for their guns at a gun shop and be happy as a opossum eating road kill, but if some individual meets THEIR asking price and then decides to resell it or trade then they get all bent out of shape. Must have been dropped on their heads as children.

i also recomend ingo classifieds for used guns. Deals to be had regularly if your fast.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    You need to look at Westside Loan (pawn shop) on the west side (about 10TH & Tibbs). They usually have a fair display of used firearms. I've bought a couple pieces there. Also, look at 500 GUNS on west 16TH in Speedway. They deal mostly in used handguns. Dock's (pawn) on Meridian Street tends to be over price, a tad difficult to deal and has a few firearms. Otherwise, shop ARMSLIST and the local gun shows. Jerry's Pawn use to sell firearms but I think they might have gotten out of the business.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Uh you mean Like gun shops do? LOL
    i don't see what peoples problem with free market is. They'll go get cents on the dollar for their guns at a gun shop and be happy as a opossum eating road kill, but if some individual meets THEIR asking price and then decides to resell it or trade then they get all bent out of shape. Must have been dropped on their heads as children.
    If someone is flipping guns for a profit, then aren't they violating federal law if they aren't a FFL holder?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If someone is flipping guns for a profit, then aren't they violating federal law if they aren't a FFL holder?
    I wasn't going that deep with it. I'm just talking about regular Guys who are doing that kind of selling. I think it takes a lot of selling for that. That's on them. Chances are if you fart too loud your breaking federal law.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Been to west side loan, not too shabby pricing wise. 500 Guns is a joke, pure and simple, overpriced and worn out guns. Unless you are looking for a top end skeet/fowling or big game piece, it's priced higher and the selection there is WELL used.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    Good luck finding decent prices on used guns anywhere right now. Too many people overpaid during the recent buying frenzy and it will take a while for all of that to settle out.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'll cast one more vote to pretty much avoid Doc Brother's on Meridian. Last Spring I got what I felt was a very good deal on a used S&W 19-3: $420 out the door. Encouraged by this, I've continued to stop back in regularly and check out their inventory. It has been frustrating. I haven't found one fair deal there. It's a shame since they have some nice older revolvers, but they're asking $100 or more too much. Some of the stuff is just ratty and isn't worth a thing. They'll have some GLOCKS and Sigs, but they're pricey.

I'd say that between Armslist, INGO, Gunbroker, and local shops I've seen lots of good deals. Yes, there's plenty of outrageously priced pieces, but each tends to offer a great deal from time-to-time. I feel the more you look, the more you'll find. Eventually, one of those finds will be a heck of a good deal. They still happen. Hope you can find what you're looking for!

Top Bottom