• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I have inherited some diamonds and jewelry that have no value to me. Would like to sell. Where can I go on North side?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not the North Side, but there is a guy in Brownsburg that will buy gold, and diamonds, but he will also send you to the local jeweler if the diamonds are good enough! I got a really fair price, (read as 80% of appraised value)from the local jeweler the gold buying guy sent me to. Granted, it was a certified diamond, and I had papers to prove it.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Diamonds prices are regulated by a cartel. Most places will not offer you a decent price. This is a marketing strategy ((new)diamonds are forever). One of the greatest parts of the strategy, IMO, is it keeps criminals from targeting diamonds as a high profit venture. It fights crime, as well as keeps the diamond lore clean. (They didn't want that whole blood diamond thing out.) Your best bet is to stud the shifter of the Bugatti. Or sell them on consignment.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Diamonds prices are regulated by a cartel. Most places will not offer you a decent price. This is a marketing strategy ((new)diamonds are forever). One of the greatest parts of the strategy, IMO, is it keeps criminals from targeting diamonds as a high profit venture. It fights crime, as well as keeps the diamond lore clean. (They didn't want that whole blood diamond thing out.) Your best bet is to stud the shifter of the Bugatti. Or sell them on consignment.

When I had some gold and silver to sell a few years ago, I found that a local "mom and pop" jewelry store gave me a much better price than those "cash for gold" places. Know the weight of what you have, and ask how much they pay per gram or per pennyweight. If they won't tell you how much they pay per gram or pennyweight, keep walking.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Just about everywhere is just going to give you spot or less for metal jewelry. I wouldn't spend too much time shopping around on that. The diamonds however, are a different story. How many we talkin? If its not too much of a PITA, you might consider sending them off to be graded or at least checked out by an expert before just dumping them. Differences between diamond weights, cuts, and grades can be a hundred dollars, or several thousand.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just about everywhere is just going to give you spot or less for metal jewelry. I wouldn't spend too much time shopping around on that. The diamonds however, are a different story. How many we talkin? If its not too much of a PITA, you might consider sending them off to be graded or at least checked out by an expert before just dumping them. Differences between diamond weights, cuts, and grades can be a hundred dollars, or several thousand.

I disagree on this. The quotes I got varied from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for my (large) lot of old jewelry. There were no diamonds or precious stones to speak of.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I disagree on this. The quotes I got varied from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for my (large) lot of old jewelry. There were no diamonds or precious stones to speak of.

I agree with you... When selling metal as melt, you need to know what metal you have and what grade of metal you have. Then and only then you will know what your metal is worth. The same with stones, what size and what grade.
    Getting a little education can mean MORE dollars in you pocket.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Give Brad of Bradsknives a call.

He buys gold and silver. And at very fair prices.

The diamonds, however... Unfortunately you'll not get much for them unless they're GOOD Quality stones. And you won't know they're GOOD quality unless you have them graded. And that's expensive.

Top Bottom