• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scottcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2016
    Avon
    Hey guys I bought a used bow this year and I'd rather trade or sell it to fund a firearm. Anyone know of any shops that would take something like that in trade with cash or should I just sell it on Craigslist? Can't use the classifieds here yet guys not at 50 but if anyone could point me in a good direction would be helpful thanks .

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Just throw in $20 to become a site supporter and you're good to go.
    Better yet just participate in the forums and you'll get your 27 needed posts in no time.
    Don't do the one liners as the mods will erase them for you.
    I'm sure you've got something to contribute or complain about.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just throw in $20 to become a site supporter and you're good to go.
    Better yet just participate in the forums and you'll get your 27 needed posts in no time.
    Don't do the one liners as the mods will erase them for you.
    I'm sure you've got something to contribute or complain about.

Agree. It won't take you long to get your posts here. Put a little thought into them and start up a conversation where you can respond back and fourth. You're in the great outdoors section right now. Is that you in your avatar picture? Tell us about that hunt, throw a couple of pictures up from it.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Don't sell in a shop. Resell values on compound bows are crap anyway, and even worse at the end of Deer season, and a shop will give you half what they can sell it for, so basically, nothing.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If you are on Facebook, there are usually some "garage sale" sites that will allow bows. It's worth a shot.

But $20 (or more quality posts) and you can sell it in the classifieds. Might even be able to trade for the gun you want.

Scottcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2016
    Avon
    Thanks guys for the reply. I have no doubt I'll get to my 50 soon. I have some good threads so far I think .

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    2017 models out soon (ATA show next month).
    Folks will be dumping 2015/16 used rigs to buy the latest and greatest (maybe).
    If the bow isn't a top model, and less than 5 yrs old........might be a tougher sell.
    Most shops won't take used bows in unless trading for another......and even then you'll probably not get much.
    Of course it depends on the model/brand.

I've bought/sold on a certain big name auction site with decent success.

Older Hoyt Tec series (2005 or newer) and the Mathews Switchbacks.........old bows that still fetch decent $.

Machined riser Oneidas do VERY well.

Scottcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2016
    Avon
    Agree. It won't take you long to get your posts here. Put a little thought into them and start up a conversation where you can respond back and fourth. You're in the great outdoors section right now. Is that you in your avatar picture? Tell us about that hunt, throw a couple of pictures up from it.

Yeah I took that buck out of Owen county this year on my family's propertyin Owen county this year . My brothers and I gave public land a shot because we have a nice camper at Brookeville. We've seen a lot of deer out there. We went to Brookeville opening day of gun and struck out Friday and Saturday. We headed home with heavy hearts and empty trucks Saturday day night. I asked my brothers if anyone wanted to go hunt the farm with me Sunday morning and everyone was wiped out. I went to bed that night with no intention of hunting Sunday morning. I had a dream about hunting that woke me at 4:45am so I grabbed my gear and jumped in the truck. Took got out there much later than I would like it was breaking day when I got to my tree. By the time I got up it was shooting hour. No shots, no wind,not even a squirrel!!! About 5 min in I see a doe about 200 yards away. A little closer and I'm taking the meat ! But then hear a buck to my right about 175 yards nose on the ground after that doe i think. I threw out one grunt and he turned came charging my stand stopped about 40 yards away turned back towards the doe and boom lights out didn't even make it back up . The first deer of my crew this year and a nice big buck to boot. Spent about 15 min in my stand that day . I was thrilled.

Scottcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2016
    Avon
    2017 models out soon (ATA show next month).
    Folks will be dumping 2015/16 used rigs to buy the latest and greatest (maybe).
    If the bow isn't a top model, and less than 5 yrs old........might be a tougher sell.
    Most shops won't take used bows in unless trading for another......and even then you'll probably not get much.
    Of course it depends on the model/brand.

I've bought/sold on a certain big name auction site with decent success.

Older Hoyt Tec series (2005 or newer) and the Mathews Switchbacks.........old bows that still fetch decent $.

Machined riser Oneidas do VERY well.

Only selling my Leopold vendetta range finder that came on the bow I picked up this year. I know leupold is a good name but don't know what re sell of tech stuff goes for but I know it's got some value . I think I'll probably just wait till invest my 50 post or I may just pay the 20 and a site supporter

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Only selling my Leopold vendetta range finder that came on the bow I picked up this year. I know leupold is a good name but don't know what re sell of tech stuff goes for but I know it's got some value . I think I'll probably just wait till invest my 50 post or I may just pay the 20 and a site supporter

Either way this is a good place to hang out in.
    Stick around and we'll learn from each other.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Sorry to say this Scott, but...

...don't pay $20 to become a site sponsor just to post the bow for sale here.

It will cut your profit in half.

​-Nate

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    If you are just trying to sell the Leuopold Vendetta range finder, take a look at what they are selling for on ebay. I see that new they fetch around 275.00 and used right around 199.00. You could list that in the classified here but be ready to wait for awhile to make a deal. You will also get some crazy trade offers with most valuing your rangefinder at around 75-100 dollars.

You would probably be better off selling it on ebay to be honest or getting involved in the archerytalk.com website and selling in those classified. Those guys live and breath archery and they will know the value of the Leuopold.

Top Bottom