• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I noticed Debs in Hammond, anyone been there? Good/bad?

Blythe's in Valpo is decent but it's a cruise for me.

If anyone has a spot in the NW corner please chime in. :)

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I live in Dyer too. Blyth's in Valpo is the closest place that is worth going to. If Deb's even has ventilation, it wasn't on the last time I went there. There's Glenwood Gun Shop in Illinois but the ventelation there sucks balls too. I heard a rumor that Pelchers in Lansing was opening a range.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Buy land in the country

We've wanted to do that for awhile and may someday, but until then I need an alternative.

Isn't there a liquor store on US 30?

There's dozens. Not sure I follow...

I live in Dyer too. Blyth's in Valpo is the closest place that is worth going to. If Deb's even has ventilation, it wasn't on the last time I went there. There's Glenwood Gun Shop in Illinois but the ventelation there sucks balls too. I heard a rumor that Pelchers in Lansing was opening a range.

Howdy neighbor! :)

Thanks for the info. Lansing would be sweet!

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Not sure how many liquor stores on 30 but much safer to head to Gary and anywhere on 5th ave should do. Pick me up some shrimp from Rays while your there. :)

Damn I miss home. So much good food.

Izaak Walton in Griffith

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Old man at Pelchers has been talking about that range for years now. Doubt it will ever happen.

I've often thought about joining the Isaak Walton League. There's one in Griffith that has (from what some of my friends who are members tell me) is a so-so single lane outdoor range. They say its good if you just gotta dial that scope in or get some rounds out.

Another of my friends is a member of the one in Hobart, just off of I 65 and 61st Street and he has better things to say about their facilities as far as shooting goes.

Valpo is a hike, but their range sure is nice. Debs is OK if you can get in there when they're not so busy. Try it, if you hate it, don't go back.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    We went to Deb's and Glenwood this past winter/spring.
    Deb's has, from what I understand, new upgraded brighter lighting and pretty damn good ventilation. WE found it to be pretty nice, although we don't have much to compare it to.
    Glenwood was ok with decent lighting and ventilation...not as bright as Deb's but still not at all dim.

We found a cool way to spend a Sunday is to go throw some rounds downrange at Deb's then head up to Bulldog Brewery in Whiting for a few awesome craft beers and a bowl or two of their chili.......:bow:

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    The Lansing store told me not 3 days ago they will have their range open in about 2-3 weeks. Sounds like it's coming through finally?

Bulldog Brewery in Whiting is AWESOME! Love that place. They have food? lol

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    The Lansing store told me not 3 days ago they will have their range open in about 2-3 weeks. Sounds like it's coming through finally?

Bulldog Brewery in Whiting is AWESOME! Love that place. They have food? lol

You talking about Pelcher's? That is awesome!

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Yeah Pelchers is the name of it. Drive by it all the time and finally stopped in few days ago. Nice place. Prices seemed a bit higher than IN shops but that is to be expected.

Top Bottom