• Which .22LR do you prefer Browning Buck Mark or Ruger Mark III

• Total voters

bigtex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    When you post pics, it ain't fair! I'm drooling now! And not for bacon!

My 10" is my favorite pistol in my safe. I own a buckmark as well but the ruger will never leave my side. I grew up shooting my grandfather's ruger standard model and have been hooked ever since. It's actually in my safe as well and will never leave until I pass it on to my son.

IMG_4968.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Much better pistol IMHO lest my comment be construed as "testy". The MK III has too much "lawyer" input.:twocents:

THIS. Takes time and money to get a MkIII to the higher level of the MkII. My gripe with the Ruger is that the barrel is the controlled part and that's the part I want to interchange.

As for Buck Marks, didn't they used to have right handed grips? My father had a Buck Mark that was a complete lemon and lots of failure to fires.

Whitey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Connersville
    I have both, the ruger is more durable but the Browning is better to shot, better triger pull, beter balanced in my hand, That said I enjoy both of them.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    My Buckmark Camper is fantastic! Excellent accuracy, EASY to clean, and the grip and position of the safety and slide release are similar to 1911s.
    I own Rugers too (77/22 and single-six) and have shot a MKIII target. I have no argument with the MK fans--it's all good--but my semi-auto .22 pistol is a Browning.:rockwoot:

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    MKIII 22/45RP

400389_355344854475682_793989739_n.jpg

MKIII 22/45RP. I have no experience with the Buckmark but u wouldn't give up my Ruger for anything. I changed the grips and front sight but then added a Reflex sight and its a tack driver. I now shoot Federal bulk ammo for wally world and have put well over 3000 rounds through her and she has ate anything and everything I have fed her.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have both a Buckmark Camper and a Ruger 22/45 w/wood grips.

The Buckmark is the better shooter, better trigger, (much) easier to field strip and clean. And the controls like safety and slide lock are more accessible and easier to use.

Top Bottom