• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I only need one AR. So I have a choice I need to make. I have a DPMS Panther arms light with 16 inch chrome lined barrel 1/9 twist with forward assist, carry handle. Just a typical AR.
    But I have an option to pick up a mt6700 colt match target h bar with 200 rounds through it. Same barrel, same options, same amount of mags. I will most likely pick it up to help the guy out who is selling it. But if so I need to part with one.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Some will say Remember you ABCs.
    Armilite
    Bushmaster
    Colt

There are other Great ARs; I just don't think DMPS ARs are in the same league, but there will be good arguments to the contrary.

You won't go wrong with a Colt. I have two myself.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I only need one AR. So I have a choice I need to make. I have a DPMS Panther arms light with 16 inch chrome lined barrel 1/9 twist with forward assist, carry handle. Just a typical AR.
    But I have an option to pick up a mt6700 colt match target h bar with 200 rounds through it. Same barrel, same options, same amount of mags. I will most likely pick it up to help the guy out who is selling it. But if so I need to part with one.

I cant get past that statement..... in Black Rifle Disease (BRD) "need" does not apply nor compute!!!

Right now I would get all that I could afford.... they will only go up in value. I too would go Colt over a DPMS. Resale value alone is worth it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Unless the gun has been altered the 6700 Colt Match HBAR should have a 20" heavy bbl. I have 2 6700s, 1 pre and 1 post ban. Shot both of them today, as well as my Government Carbine, 9mm Carbine and M4 A3. I sighted in the ACOG and a Leupold 3.5-10x VARI X III. The HBARs shot very well and I had a great time. If the gun is all Colt I'd go for that one.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City

I am confused. I don't understand the question, either that or it just plain doesn't make any since....

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    IF YOU REALLY HAVE TO PART WITH ONE, keep the Colt, I have a pre-ban that I will NEVER part with. More accurate and less malfunctions than the M4's I had in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    BTW, my personal opinion is don't part with either one, you may have a battle buddy that needs a combat rifle in the near future!!!

muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I'd ditch the Mac90 like you mentioned. Not only would it help to fund the Colt, it would also get you down to one caliber ammo to stock up on.

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Keep the colt and my humble opinion keep the mac. The mac uses 9mm (I'm assuming) and is a NATO round. If the shtf then there could be 9mm ammo laying around to be picked up after a schirmish (spelling?) and so far is readily available at least here. The 223 stuff a little harder to find sometimes.

Top Bottom