• ...and so much more!
  • IronHorseman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Fort Branch
    What components are you using?

My wifes gun is being tailored to fit her. M16A1 buttstock.RRA lower with Match Armorers Shop trigger job. RRA 16 ich EOP Varmint upper with the barrel turned from the gas block to the muzzle to balance the gun. Not sure what optics yet but money permitting Leupold in lapped Badger rings.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    parts needed to build ar?

Looking at all the parts & pcs available and different types of ar's has gotten me confused.What parts are needed to build an ar. I was looking at del-tons website. They have a kit minus stripped lower receiver for $465 Stripped lower receiver is $110. Is this all thats needed?

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Looking at all the parts & pcs available and different types of ar's has gotten me confused.What parts are needed to build an ar. I was looking at del-tons website. They have a kit minus stripped lower receiver for $465 Stripped lower receiver is $110. Is this all thats needed?

That is all you need to make the AR-15

What kit are you looking at?

You could also piece together a kit with better parts for a little more than the kit.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    I dont have any knowledge when it comes to the ar. I would welcome any suggestions on which model/kits or parts are good.I like to go the cheapest route and still have a reliable rifle.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I dont have any knowledge when it comes to the ar. I would welcome any suggestions on which model/kits or parts are good.I like to go the cheapest route and still have a reliable rifle.

A kit would be fine but you can get better parts if you piece it together

If i was going to do it again, i would get a different upper and lower

I would would go with a Mega or RRA upper and lower. Do a RRA lower parts kit. I got the LMT M16 bolt& carrier and i would keep that on another build. The charging handle you want. Then whatever barrel you want. I would just go with chrome lined barrel.

A good price for uppers and lowers are...and a charge handle:
    Coleman Tyler - Best prices on AR15 rifles, AR15 parts, Ar15 magazines, AR15 accessories, AR-15, AR15, hunting rifles

Bolt and Carrier
    LMT Bolt Carrier Auto M16

The rest is up to whatever kind of AR you want to build

Hope this helps

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute

yes. and all my del-ton builds are first rate.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I would LOVE to do this. I plan on building another AR with the Stimulus check that's coming out... Keeping American money in America and supporting my 2nd Amendment rights. So, yes... Let's do this!!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    If any of you folks need any help or tools just ask, I have built a few AR's.(to say the least)

I am sure between Don, White_Wolf and myself, we can help with whatever you folks need, including stepping into the CIII world.

bigcraig

Last edited:

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Indeed! When I saw the word STIMULUS, I thought the government was back in business again and decided to give checks to everyone for the "inconvenience"...then I saw the posted year...:(
    Also, I thought I read somewhere that Wyndham were ex-employees from Bushmasters.

Top Bottom