• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 23, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I bought a marlin model 780. I put a 30 dollar 4 power barska scope on it and bought a extended 10 round mag. Even with the junk scope it shoot extremely accurate with decent ammo. I would absolutely recommend it and i would definetly go with a marlin for an accurate 22.

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    If you liked the CZ452, you will love a CZ453. I have a 453 Varmint, the trigger is a major upgrade. I used to shoot Anschutz competitively and I consider the 453 Varmint the best non-competition grade gun I have ever shot. With the model change, I'm not sure what the current-production equivalent is now. The 453 has the set trigger.

I like Savage center fires but IMHO their .22s are crap. Quality as cheap and feels cheap.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They don't make the 453 anymore. The 452 is still being phased out as well. The 455 is the only one they're going to be producing going forward. In my opinion, the 455 was made with cost reduction in mind. I'd prefer the old 452 model. Not to say the 455 is bad by any means. It's still leaps and bounds better than most everything else in that price range. It's just not quite as nice as the 452/3 was.

Big difference is that the new 455 uses a barrel that is held in with set screws, while the old 452 and 453 utilize a barrel that is threaded into the receiver.

The new 455 also uses a single lug bolt instead of the double lug used on the 452 and 453.

There's also some other differences.

OP, I'd pick up a 452 if you can find one, or a 455. They are some of the best non-competition .22's you'll find. They really are super nice rifles.

As a side note, I did buy a Savage MKii. Felt like cheap junk. Sold it immediately.

I have no experience with the Ruger American .22. I've heard good things, and I'd like to check one out some day. Only thing is, I hate synthetic stocks. And for the same price, I can get a CZ. So I doubt I'll ever own a Ruger American 22lr. But a lot of people seem to like them, so it's definitely worth checking out.

If you liked the CZ452, you will love a CZ453. I have a 453 Varmint, the trigger is a major upgrade. I used to shoot Anschutz competitively and I consider the 453 Varmint the best non-competition grade gun I have ever shot. With the model change, I'm not sure what the current-production equivalent is now. The 453 has the set trigger.

I like Savage center fires but IMHO their .22s are crap. Quality as cheap and feels cheap.

Top Bottom