• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    Neither. Why? Because they are made by Taurus. If you want a 1911 pattern 45, at least get a good one. IMO. All of my Taurus pistols are now long gone......

not trying to thread hijack, but taurus has made some decent strides in quality as of recent and the pt1911 is an example. great gun for a great price!and one of my next purchases i have planned

back to the question....if it is primairly for carry go with the aluminum. if you are going to shoot it a considerable amount skip the pop can and go stainless:yesway:

INrange

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2008
    Stainless would be better for the range and resale when you no longer carry it. A compact 1911 would give you the best of both worlds, and you may just carry it concealed for more than a month.

USPSA_10mm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Plainfield IN
    Aluminium
    1)lighter
    2)anodized black

I prefer black, or blued ccw incase it peeks out a little when I reach for a store shelf its hard to make it out as a firearm. With Glocks people will mistake it for an ugly cell phone... FWIW, I have an aluminium framed Beretta 92F with 10k rounds through it and the aluminium has always held up. The locking block on the other hand has been replaced 3 times...

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    The Decision Has Been Made...

Group,

Well I have made my decision... actually I have already purchased and received it. :rockwoot:

I decided to go with the Taurus 1911 Stainless without rail.

It was a hard decision but I just love the stainless look and reliability of the finish, as for no rail, your comments made me really think and as a CCW and needing a good IWB holster, you convinced me..

By the way I already have a UBG holster coming as well.

THANK YOU ALL!!

Top Bottom