• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    If you found the G22 too snappy, you won't like the G23. I fired both at the range, as a buddy had both and I thought the G22 was much smoother and more like firing a 9mm.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If you had an M&P45 and liked it then it's a no brainer that you should probably get another one. I see you're in Danville. Have you priced them at Plainfield Shooting Supplies? I'd bet their price will be close to what you'd pay from Buds with shipping and transfer fees. You could also post a WTB ad on here. They often work.

None of the G23's are available at $329.95. There is a link there for the next grade up at $349.95
    Glock 23 40S&W Gen 3 Semi Auto Pistol, Very Good Plus Condition, Used.

By the time you factor in shipping and transfer fees it isn't going to be a great deal. You could probably find just as good of a deal or better on here in the classifieds.

Last edited:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    It makes alot of sense going with the m&p. I have ammo and I like the gun. Just need to find one locally. Mark are you listening?
    Not a real fan of pss. Never got treated well when I went there. It will have to be Bradis for me or I have to order it from buds. Thanks for the help guys.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    If you found the G22 too snappy, you won't like the G23. I fired both at the range, as a buddy had both and I thought the G22 was much smoother and more like firing a 9mm.
    I just could not Get a good grip on the 22. It moved around alot in my hand when firing. The gen 4 feels so much better. I even like the texture of the grip and usually hate rough texture on a pistol. And I shot the m&p 40 ,it felt like shooting a 9 mm. I know I am not recoil sensitive. I like shooting my father in laws 44 mag.
    Maybe I should hit the lottery and buy all three.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    It sounds like you're not looking to buy this week, so you get time to shop slowly. Here's a suggestion from the left field: would you consider 9mm? If you're looking to buy used guns, you can find more good deals in 9mm probably. Also, 9mm cost over the long term is less than .45 or .40.

I know you have .45 ammo, but if you act fast, you can probably find someone willing to take them off your hands for an acceptable price. Right now .45 still hasn't returned to the pre-panic prices.

From your three choices, I'd probably take the cheapest one if I think money will loosen up in a year or two, and I just need something to tide myself over. Who knows -- maybe you'll grow to like your gun. If I'm looking for a long-term investment, I'd probably splurge and get the one that I like best. If I'm hunting for a good deal, I may be open to more models. I'd also give some less commonly seen brands a good look -- Bersa, Turkish copies of CZ, etc. These guns handle just fine for me.

I like the M&P in .45. So I guess I second your vote. Never shot Glocks in .40, though I've done classes with Glocks in 9mm. I like the 1911 the best. All of them work.

Good luck!

LostLake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    West Side
    It makes alot of sense going with the m&p. I have ammo and I like the gun. Just need to find one locally. Mark are you listening?
    Not a real fan of pss. Never got treated well when I went there. It will have to be Bradis for me or I have to order it from buds. Thanks for the help guys.

Sad to hear you don't like Bob's. You're missing out on one of the best gun shops in the state.

Anyway, you're right - Bradis likely has one or you could try USDS - They had a decent selection of M&P's in stock Friday. I know you don't care for PSS, but Bob always has a good selection of M&P's in stock.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    It sounds like you're not looking to buy this week, so you get time to shop slowly. Here's a suggestion from the left field: would you consider 9mm? If you're looking to buy used guns, you can find more good deals in 9mm probably. Also, 9mm cost over the long term is less than .45 or .40.

I know you have .45 ammo, but if you act fast, you can probably find someone willing to take them off your hands for an acceptable price. Right now .45 still hasn't returned to the pre-panic prices.

From your three choices, I'd probably take the cheapest one if I think money will loosen up in a year or two, and I just need something to tide myself over. Who knows -- maybe you'll grow to like your gun. If I'm looking for a long-term investment, I'd probably splurge and get the one that I like best. If I'm hunting for a good deal, I may be open to more models. I'd also give some less commonly seen brands a good look -- Bersa, Turkish copies of CZ, etc. These guns handle just fine for me.

I like the M&P in .45. So I guess I second your vote. Never shot Glocks in .40, though I've done classes with Glocks in 9mm. I like the 1911 the best. All of them work.

Good luck!
    the only reason I am avoiding 9 mm is it is not as available as 40 or 45 at the moment. I can go to Wal-Mart right now and buy the other two right now. This is the same reason why I won't buy a. 22 right now.
    I have looked at quite a few underrated firearms out there like sar, canik, bersa, and other not so popular firearms. Problem with these is I have never held one. I keep wondering how pissed I would be if I bought a gun and once I got a hold of it I hated it. I am apparently the only person on the planet who thinks a cz 75 does not feel good in my hands. Which is weird as the high power feels great.
    I was considering a bersa 45uc but a couple reviews mentioned hammer bite, I have meaty hands and that would be a deal breaker for me.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    M&P 45 4 inch.
    pros: I have had one. I liked it a lot, only sold due to financial problems. I have 45 ammo. only thing needed for it is night sights and a holster. all around nice pistol.

^^^ That !

You have reservations about your other two options... If it doesn't feel right in your hand, or if you don't care for the .40, you won't be happy...

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    There are some enthusiastic Bersa owners on this forum. If you want to consider Bersa as well, make a separate thread and maybe some would be willing to meet up with you on the range.

It sounds like you want your M&P .45 back. You can't go wrong with it. Now you can start looking around for a good deal. Good luck!

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    There are some enthusiastic Bersa owners on this forum. If you want to consider Bersa as well, make a separate thread and maybe some would be willing to meet up with you on the range.

It sounds like you want your M&P .45 back. You can't go wrong with it. Now you can start looking around for a good deal. Good luck!
    Thank you

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I would also encourage you to look at a xd or xdm. Glocks have never felt "right" to me either. I love my Springfields though, they feel "right" to me

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I had an xd. I got rid of it because I feel the grip safety to be a huge mistake. It does not bother me as much when firing. It's when you can't rack the slide without it depressed. In a life or death situation, this could cost you alot.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I had an xd. I got rid of it because I feel the grip safety to be a huge mistake. It does not bother me as much when firing. It's when you can't rack the slide without it depressed. In a life or death situation, this could cost you alot.

I'm guessing that's the very reason the XD-S models did away with the need to have the grip safety depressed to rack the slide. But I've not seen much press on that - maybe Springfield doesn't want to rock the boat on all their existing XD/XD(M) product line.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'd pass on the .45 sw, I've had one and couldn't hit very well with it, and I love .45 all I normally shoot, but I'd pass on that one

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    thanks for all the help guys. but since recent events, my only focus right now is a pocket gun. if you guys could make recommendations on one it would be much appreciated. the only factors are, must be small enough to go into pocket holster, then into pocket. I am a big guy, i.e. I have big pockets. and it must be dirt cheap. the cheaper the better. thanks guys.

Top Bottom