• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    pjcalla;2433390 [URL="http://www.midwayusa.com/product/279731/lyman-1200-dps-3-digital-powder-scale-and-dispenser-system-110-volt?cm_vc=S016" said:
    1200 DPS 3 Digital Powder Scale Dispenser System 110 Volt[/URL]

Anyone have any experience (good & bad) with these?

Thanks.

I have the 1200 DPS and love it. I'm running Varget through mine for my .308 loads and it is very consistent and accurate. I still dump the pan into my beam scale and trickle the last .1 grain. If I had to guess, out of each 50 rounds, maybe one charge out of the 50 may be .2 out of target.

I also run IMR 7828 through this for the .338 Lapua with equally accurate and consistent results.

The only downside is the 30 minute warm up period before calibration, but the first thing I do is plug in the scale while setting up the rest of the bench for reloading. By the time I get the bench set up the scale is ready to calibrate.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've had a RCBS chargmaster combo since it came out and I don't think I'd be as interested in reloading without it. Mine has been outstanding and I can't recommend it enough.

noylj

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2011
    Need to find a site that has actually reviewed all of them.
    I bought the ChargeMaster and really love it.
    It and the Hornady can be programmed to dispense a specific load faster--you need to adjust the three speeds for faster dispensing and set the slow trickle speed slow enough not to overshoot.
    I have never done this since, if I know the exact charge I want, I use a powder measure to drop that charge.
    However, it is a real time saver for loading 10-20 rounds at various charge weights.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If you are blessed with far more patience than I, it is the one to have. I tried, after working with a Lyman and a Prometheus as well. None are quick.

Top Bottom