• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    So...all things being equal and normal...

Same barrel length...same scope...same bipod, cost within $100 of eachothers...etc...AND...chambered in .308/7.62 NATO

Which would you choose:

Romanian PSL Sniper
    Yugo M76 Sniper
    FAL Battlefield Sniper

GONZO!!!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    So...all things being equal and normal...

Same barrel length...same scope...same bipod, cost within $100 of eachothers...etc...AND...chambered in .308/7.62 NATO

Which would you choose:

Romanian PSL Sniper
    Yugo M76 Sniper
    FAL Battlefield Sniper

GONZO!!!

FAL all the way. The other two are fine but I'd rather have the FAL.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    PSL - because you're on a budget and ammo is still available.
    M76 - because 8mm is an outstanding cartridge that is affodable for it's abilities.
    FAL - because it holds a ton of ammo, has a big following, everyone here said so and you have the bankroll to afford 308... if you can even find it lol.

Argue with that gents.
    DSC_0011.jpg

I say PSL or M76 because I am AK biased and a rifle without ammo is about as worthless as an anus on your elbow.

edit - Let me also add that Assault Weapons of Ohio makes a M76 in 308. The M76 is gonig nowhere but up in price (even without the panic). Heavy barrel, big heavy cartridge, milled receiver. It's about as nice of an AK as you can make.

Also this thread is worth reading if you're serious about spending some $$$ on a new rifle. Black Horse is developing a US made Dragunov. Not a PSL ripoff but a real deal Dragunov. These guys are very professional and if anyone should have a reality show it should be them. Everything they make is outstanding quality.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115072

Last edited:

Joedirt82

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Westfield
    PSL - because you're on a budget and ammo is still available.
    M76 - because 8mm is an outstanding cartridge that is affodable for it's abilities.
    FAL - because it holds a ton of ammo, has a big following, everyone here said so and you have the bankroll to afford 308... if you can even find it lol.

Argue with that gents.
    DSC_0011.jpg

I say PSL or M76 because I am AK biased and a rifle without ammo is about as worthless as an anus on your elbow.

edit - Let me also add that Assault Weapons of Ohio makes a M76 in 308. The M76 is gonig nowhere but up in price (even without the panic). Heavy barrel, big heavy cartridge, milled receiver. It's about as nice of an AK as you can make.

Also this thread is worth reading if you're serious about spending some $$$ on a new rifle. Black Horse is developing a US made Dragunov. Not a PSL ripoff but a real deal Dragunov. These guys are very professional and if anyone should have a reality show it should be them. Everything they make is outstanding quality.

Black Horse Arsenal's US made Dragunov-any news? - The AK Files Forums

:rockwoot::rockwoot: I completely agree. PLS because the ammo is really cheap ( $79 a 440 spam can)

and the M76 ($ 300 for 1000 rounds of 8mm)

Top Bottom