• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Philippines president to Obama: 'I'm no American puppet' - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)The White House on Monday canceled President Obama's upcoming meeting with Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte.

This comes after Duterte lashed out at Obama for wading into the issue of the Philippines' leader's controversial policy toward drug dealers.
    Obama and Duterte had been set to meet in Laos this week, where Obama is attending a meeting of Southeast Asian leaders...

...the Filipino leader did not take kindly...
    ...saying Obama had better think twice about raising the issue of the killings.

"Who does he think he is? I am no American puppet. I am the president of a sovereign country and I am not answerable to anyone except the Filipino people," Duterte scoffed in a speech Monday. "Son of a b****, I will swear at you."

:n00b:

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Liberals don't like truth. It offends them. And requires that they take shelter in their safe spaces.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meh. I dont blame him entirely. The man already made it plainly known that he has absolutely ZERO :poop:s to give and wont take admonition from anyone, not even the supposed leader of the free world. It was obvious nothing good or constructive would come out of the meeting, so why waste his time?

If you are getting ready to go into a meeting with your boss regarding your pay among other important things and he already made it plainly clear that you were not going to get a raise and if you brought it up he would simply berate you, would you still go knowing the only thing you would get to do was discuss the latest sports scores, the weather, and whether the coffee service in the break room was good enough? I wouldnt. I've got better things to do.

(for the record I'm not sure I would take the time to stop and pee on either of them if they were on fire.)

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    "Who does he think he is? I am no American puppet. I am the president of a sovereign country and I am not answerable to anyone except the Filipino people," Duterte scoffed in a speech Monday. "Son of a b****, I will swear at you."

Wonder how much he'd be swearing if the we pulled most of our soldiers out of there???

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Philippines president to Obama: 'I'm no American puppet' - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN)The White House on Monday canceled President Obama's upcoming meeting with Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte.

This comes after Duterte lashed out at Obama for wading into the issue of the Philippines' leader's controversial policy toward drug dealers.
    Obama and Duterte had been set to meet in Laos this week, where Obama is attending a meeting of Southeast Asian leaders...

...the Filipino leader did not take kindly...
    ...saying Obama had better think twice about raising the issue of the killings.

:n00b:

I tend to like my presidents a bit more professional acting, but dang. I can't help but like the spirit of this guy. Now if we could just hear a mf'er out of him, it would be complete.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Whew, this is shocking. I thought this type of reaction from other world leaders was only going to happen if we elected Trump.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Meh. I dont blame him entirely. The man already made it plainly known that he has absolutely ZERO :poop:s to give and wont take admonition from anyone, not even the supposed leader of the free world. It was obvious nothing good or constructive would come out of the meeting, so why waste his time?

If you are getting ready to go into a meeting with your boss regarding your pay among other important things and he already made it plainly clear that you were not going to get a raise and if you brought it up he would simply berate you, would you still go knowing the only thing you would get to do was discuss the latest sports scores, the weather, and whether the coffee service in the break room was good enough? I wouldnt. I've got better things to do.

(for the record I'm not sure I would take the time to stop and pee on either of them if they were on fire.)

President Duterte is correct in his stance. These are two equal in status leaders of sovereign free nations. No one should be talking down to anyone in a diplomatic setting. He is in a tough spot with China in his backyard. At the same time, the Philippine people are tough and do not like to be pushed around. Especially by a so called friend.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    President Duterte is correct in his stance. These are two equal in status leaders of sovereign free nations. No one should be talking down to anyone in a diplomatic setting. He is in a tough spot with China in his backyard. At the same time, the Philippine people are tough and do not like to be pushed around. Especially by a so called friend.

He's correct in his stance about being a sovereign nation, as is our President is correct in his stance. We don't like to deal with nations that deal with extrajudicial killings of their own citizens. I find it odd that so many people would take the side of a guy who kills his people without due process of law, and think our president was wrong in condemning it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sure. Let's do that. That should convince China we're really, really serious about regional security.

Oh, the Chinese already don't take Obama seriously. If you've kept up on the news of how they've been shaming Obama and the US delegation at the G-20 meetings, while rolling out the red carpet for Putin, it is obvious that they hold the president in utter contempt. Meanwhile, Obama signs off on climate accords that the Chinese parliament passed but doesn't want to present it to the Senate for ratification. He is an utter fraud and leaders around the world are beginning to ignore and insult him openly.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/09/was-it-something-he-said.php
    Congress shmongress! Obama steps off jumbo jet in China, signs Paris Agreement to limit emissions

"Smart Diplomacy" was always a lie.

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    He's correct in his stance about being a sovereign nation, as is our President is correct in his stance. We don't like to deal with nations that deal with extrajudicial killings of their own citizens. I find it odd that so many people would take the side of a guy who kills his people without due process of law, and think our president was wrong in condemning it.

Although I agree with you on the due process, you basically have to live in the Philippines to understand why it has taken this route in solving a long standing problem.

It's the same thing how we tell other people from other countries, who make comments about our gun problems here when it is not, but they don't understand because they don't live here. Hell, even people who live here don't understand it.

The current problems the Philippines are dealing with is beyond solvable through civil means, many Presidents have failed and the people are tired of the crimes and the corruption.

Duterte's ways were proven effective being a mayor in a city so he implemented it nationwide.

He's got a huge burden on his shoulder right now because that's a huge amount of **** that needs to be removed in that country. Now he's also dealing with muslim extremist in Mindanao, whom are also a long time problem.

Also, their prison system is so overcrowded that you can call it a can of sardines.

I've lived there for 23 years and grew up in the slum area and I see it while growing up. I go back from time to time and seen improvement over the years. A couple of friends just recently went back and already seeing progress as he took office, especially on the curbside sanitation.

I can honestly say that this guy is actually doing some real work. And he's got 6 years of hardship ahead of him in tackling a mold that has gripped that country for decades.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom