• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shunsley

Plinker
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    Looking for info on 2 white Muzzleloaders i aquired. Everything I have read says they were the best ever made. However whites website is no longer up. I have a White Bobcat pistol and White Razorback side folder. Any one have info on these or where I could get info? Thanks
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

spaniel

Sharpshooter
    Dec 20, 2013
    Lizton
    Everyone I knew who owned them reported them to be high quality firearms. No longer manufactured, however.

JdsBiff

Plinker
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    The website was up last summer but its gone. It did have lots of information including load and ballistic charts. I own a White Lightning in .504 caliber. I use a 460 grain bullet from Home.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    From: https://web.archive.org/web/20131206152442/http://whitemuzzleloading.com/designs.htm

Javelina two handed pistol and pistol sling.
    I have long been fascinated with pistols, especially pistols I could hunt with. The short G -series action gave me a perfect platform for a hunting pistol. I considered the use of both hands mandatory, plus the use of a sling. I had used the 2 handed stance advocated years before with short sling around the neck attached to the pistols butt. I improved on this by designing a two handed muzzleloading pistol with an ergonomic butt plus a forward pylon for the weak hand, interconnecting the two so the pistol could be carried by the strap in one hand. I also adapted a commercial adjustable sling , attaching it to the ramrod ferrule and the other end to the butt. The sling went around the opposite shoulder and down and across the body. When adjusted correctly, I could carry it slung at my side, then use it to brace the gun at arm’s length. I called it the Javelina. White Systems made about 50 of them for a trial run in 1992 and they sold like lead balloons and went nowhere.
    huntin19.gif
    This was a large pistol, with ten inch barrel, weighing about 4 lbs, but shot rifle sized loads. With two hands, recoil was not a problem.

Razorback pistol-rifle-
    was similar in concept to the Javelina, using the same G-series action, components and adjustable sling, but sporting a longer barrel and a folding stock. It could be used either as a two-handed pistol with stock folded or as a rifle, with stock extended. I found it to be very useful, especially for hunts requiring air travel. It’s compactness was a blessing. Despite the short barrel, it was accurate and powerful. I used it quite a lot but only ever built one. The White companies were never interested in the design.

RazorbackFullLeft.gif
    RazorbackObliqueTopt.gif

Left above, the RazorBack in rifle configuration with stock folded out, Right above, the gun in two handed pistol configuration with stock folded. The short 16 inch barrel and the folding stock made it easy to ship, store and carry. The sling could be used to steady the gun whether used as pistol or rifle, as well as to carry it slung over the shoulder. I have killed a lot of game with it over the years.
    Bobcat pistol-
    was a smaller single handed pistol based on the smaller SG -series one piece barrel/action combination. It was the size of a T/C Contender single shot pistol with 8 inch barrel. I killed some big animals with this smaller pistol, but like the other pistols, it also went nowhere.
    BobcatFullRight.gif

The genius of all these shorter, lightweight pistol-like guns, especially the Bobcat, was the huge loads thrown from them. A 504 bullet weighing 460 grains, with 80 grains Pyrodex-P left the Bobcat’s 8 inch barrel at 1000 FPS and was as potent a load as any modern magnum pistol.

Top Bottom